Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/4- Uh... Street.. Fighter....

Sooo I got nothing good to say about today.
I mean, it's not like it was bad, it just wasn't noteworthy.

But!

Nerd Time.

Something positive came about while I was playing Street Fighter today.
I'd mentioned before that I made some friends online?
Well I started up Skype and "hung out with them" while we played.
We did a group thing where it cycles between people, each fighting the winner of the last one.

Now, I've figured out my Street Fighter lineup.

My favorite character to play is Hakan, my best character is Vega, and I'm learning El Fuerte.
I've found the 3 that I'm sticking with.
Anyway.

I was playing Hakan for most of the matches, and they were offering advice, and helping me figure some stuff out.
I was doing fairly well, and I at least scored a couple rounds against each of them.
Then I just mentioned "I'm going to switch up to Vega."
And the first guy I met, the one I usually practice with, he was saying "OH GOD NOT YOUR VEGA."
I asked him what he meant, and he said that basically, I'm a pain in the ass because I'm so unpredictable and not many people know how to play against Vega in general, and I'm quick with good reads.
(Read is something like.. Guessing when they're going to jump, then doing an anti-are to counter it).

So I was up against the best player out of the 3, and he is good. He wrecks me constantly, cause he knows basically everyone except Guy.

So he chose his best character, Guile.
See.. The thing is, I'm in constant control over the air as Vega, and he knows how to majorly deny that with his friggin Flash Kicks. Got annoying.

But anyway.
It's best 3 out of 4.
He won one round.

I won the rest of them.

I was very surprised, though my other friend wasn't.
Interestingly enough, hearing someone say "I hate your Vega," is a really good compliment.
Because he established Vega as my character, then said I was good.

So oddly enough, that was the highlight of my day.
It shows that I'm actually making headway with someone for once.

End of nerd time.

It's almost finals week ohgodohgodohgodohgod I'm so not excited.
Though I did some studying.
Granted, it's difficult to just remember everything about it, and I can't name off everything I learned.
But I'm going to study a lot.

Gotta finish hard!

Have a good day.

-Nolan

No comments: