Thursday, February 2, 2012

She Deserves Your Best - Written by a Guy, to Guys

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Easy to spell!
Easier to say.

Hard to put into practice.

This blog will honestly be hard to write without coming across as a self-righteous prick.
I'm going to try and make this as painless as possible.

I'm going to say this again.
I'm not trying to be self-righteous or get on my high horse and talk down to you.

However, I will be angrily pointing out my problems with some of the male population.

Again again, I'm not trying to be self-righteous.
That's my third disclaimer.
So read on, brave.... reader.

--------------------

Men.
Women.
Girls.
Boys.
Males.
Females.

We're kind of different.
Quite different.
Very different.

1. Women will never fully understand men.
2. Men will never fully understand women.

It doesn't feel like people will actually understand that.
People will try endlessly to figure out the other gender.
I'm not saying it's bad to ask questions and try to figure out someone of the opposite gender...
But don't think you know everything.
Cause I certainly don't.
I don't think anyone really does.

--------------------

So here's probably where the main body of the post will be.

It's my belief that women deserve respect.
More so than men.

I'm not saying that every woman is much better than every man.
There's different types of respect.

The way you will respect a man or woman who is a high-level bureaucrat in charge of a company is different than the way you'd respect a woman or man who teaches children for a living.
You'd respect them for different reasons.

The man or women who is an executive has climbed the corporate ladder to a high status in the company to be in control of others.
The man or woman teaching children for a living has to wake up early, and devote their energy to teaching children, putting up with children, and being able to wake up every day and teach them.

Those are different types of respect, right?

When it comes to respecting women, I think common courtesy is a given.
If you don't have common courtesy for anyone, I honestly don't understand you.

If you're a male and you don't have at least common courtesy for women, it bothers me.
I obviously am not perfect.
I never will be, and I don't claim to be.

I definitely try to be courteous to everyone, but especially women.
Sadly, I mess up still.
But I still try.

They deserve respect.
Now this is where the blog can get really controversial or just plain obnoxious to most people.
I believe that women have a harder time.
Really.

Guys, we don't have:

Periods.
or
Cramps.

We don't have to wake up and spend hours doing our hair or makeup.
We don't have to worry about going somewhere alone in the middle of the night.
We don't have to constantly watch our weight.
We don't have to make sure our outfits match (But I do. I'm weird).

We don't have to worry about getting pregnant.
We aren't judged on our appearance (for the most part).

We aren't constantly bombarded by media aimed at making you feel unattractive.
Most guys can easily go to that "happy place" where they literally stop thinking about anything.
(I've never gotten the hang of that).

If I missed anything ladies, I'm sorry.
Those are the biggest ones I could think of.

Don't take that list to say that our lives are easy cakewalks.
We have issues too, but this blog isn't about us.

Back to my main point.

Women's lives are generally more frustrating and difficult.
That's how I see it.
If you don't agree, you probably should get off this post now.
My entire post is based off of that belief.

--------------------

Are you still reading?

Cool!
Thank you (:

Now, again, this is where it gets kind of ehhhhh.

I find it hard to talk about this because there are women with different opinions.

This sounds terrible, but women are equal to men, until they don't want to be.

Some women claim to be equal, that they want to be treated the same as another man, then they expect you to pay for them.
That's not a bad thing in my opinion.

I could care less if I have to pay for them.
I think men should at least offer to pay for them.
If they want to pay, let them.
If not, then pay for them.
Seriously.
It's money.
You can always get more.
You only have one chance for a first impression.
If it's a date with a woman, you have one chance to be a nice guy, to be a guy she remembers.
Don't mess it up by being discourteous.

This kind of goes along with my post yesterday about respecting someone until they give you a reason not to.
Especially if it's a female.

Not every, I repeat, not every woman wants to be treated like a princess. Some girls just want to be treated like a guy friend.
Some don't want to be treated with kid gloves, like they're as delicate as glass.
The truth is, not every girl is a delicate glass rose.

However, I believe you should treat them like that until they give you a reason not to.

Everyone likes to be respected, everyone likes to feel special.
If you have that attitude for everyone else, why would you not act that way around a lady?
They deserve happiness and respect, just like everyone else.

The way I prefer to look at it is, every girl:
a. Is someone's daughter.
b. Is someone's little girl.
c. Could be a mother someday.

I'm going to kind of break it down and give my thoughts on each of those little.. categories? Thingies?
Not sure.
But I'm gonna separate this and look at each of those.. points.

--------------------

a. Every girl is someone's daughter


Everyone has heard the "dad polishing his shotgun when she brings home her boyfriend".
People laugh, but I fully intend to do that.

Guys, if you had a daughter, wouldn't you protect her?
Wouldn't you keep her safe?
Wouldn't you do anything to keep her happy?
Wouldn't you make sure that if a guy broke her heart, you'd break his kneecaps? And face?
If she felt ugly, wouldn't you tell her she's beautiful?
If she needed a hug, wouldn't you give her one?
If she was unhappy, wouldn't you remind her how important she is to you?

(The answer to those questions is "yes", by the way).

She deserves someone strong in her life.
She deserves a man who can be there for her.
Someone who, if she doesn't want a relationship with him, would still be there for her?
A girl doesn't always need a guy to be in love with.

Sometimes she just needs a guy she can talk to without drama.
Girls cause enough drama just being around each other.

It's always nice to give them a break from that.
So don't always hit on every girl you see.
Be a nice guy.
Be a friend.

--------------------

b. Every girl is someone's little girl


Everyone, for the most part, was a child once.
She was a child.
She might have wanted to be a princess.
She might have wanted to be a ballet dancer.
She might have wanted to be a race car driver!

She was a kid once.
I'm not saying treat her like a kid. Don't do that. Ever.

I'm saying..
She had a childhood too.
She might want to go back to that time.
She might be unhappy the way her life turned out.

Always be ready to just...
Hang out.
Watch a movie.
Eat popcorn.

Dance in the rain with them.
Act silly.
Laugh with them.
Cry with them.

Not everyone wants to be treated like an adult all the time.
I know that I sometimes just want to goof around.
Act like a kid.

Some girls want to avoid their lives the way they are right now.
Let's face it.
Life is stressful.
For everyone.
But the shit girls get just from being girls kind of can overload someone.
Don't be afraid to just take a break from maturity.

Go do something fun!
Something that can distract from every day life.
That applies to everyone.
But life overloads everyone sometimes.
Just keep that in mind(:

--------------------

c. She could be a mother someday.


This is, in my opinion, the strongest argument.
Your mother gave birth to you.

She was a girl once.
Right?
Right.

EVERYTHING that girls are going through today, SHE had to deal with at one point.
Some people don't love their family.
Some people don't love their mothers, which I find terribly depressing.
But you should at least respect your mother.

To me, it breaks my heart thinking of some of the shit my mom had to deal with before I even was even a thought in the back of her head.

Don't you wish your mom well?
She's gone through hell to get you here.
And now you're here.
What will you do with it?

Don't you wish you could have made your mother's life easier?

The girl you just met. She could be a mother some day.
Why make her unhappy when you could make her smile?
She goes through hell every day, just to wake up, get ready, and go to school or work.
Doesn't she deserve common courtesy at least?


She deserves your respect.
She deserves your best behavior.

"Be on your best behavior, young man."
Have you ever really thought about that phrase?
Most people think it just means to be nicer and respectful to people.
It doesn't tell you to just be nice.

How you behave is part of who you are.
Your "best behavior" means taking the time and devoting your energy to giving someone the best of you.
Not just your smiles.
Not just your handshakes.
Not just holding the door open for them.

Your "best behavior" is the best of you.

Everyone deserves our respect.

Women deserve our best behavior.
Don't make things any harder for them.
Because, let's face it.

They have it hard enough without us making it worse by disrespecting them.

--------------------

*BIGGEST DISCLAIMER EVER*

I am in NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, insinuating that women are weak and should be constantly treated with kid's gloves.
I know quite a few independent, strong, and willful women.
And they're terrifying.
Don't piss mothers off.
You will lose.

I repeat myself again.
Women are not weak and pitiful.
They're stronger than most guys will ever be.

I just think that guys, as a gender, need to shape up and start respecting them more.
Like I've said probably 50 times, they deserve our best.

So yes, that was my disclaimer.
Please remember that.

--------------------


That's really all I can think of right now.
I don't want this to turn into a rant.

I don't want to go into yelling at guys for being stupid.
Because, not every guy is stupid.
I know a few guys that respect women very much.
I know a few guys who hold the same views I do, and I love those guys.

I don't need to stereotype guys.
To be honest, we do that ourselves haha.

I don't want to spend time just complaining about male stupidity.
Again, we kind of act stupid by ourselves.
We don't need help doing that.

I could go into very personal opinions on how we, as men, should act.
Frankly, it would take days to go over that.

This post is just...
This post is just to make people think.
Again, I don't know if it will affect anyone.
I'd like to think it would help guys at least think about what they say or do around a girl.

I think that's all I've got.
So I'm done for the day.

I hope you enjoyed reading!

It would mean the WORLD to me if you could just hit the little "share" button underneath this post.
Really.
It only takes a couple clicks, and I really would love to get a bigger audience for this blog.
So, please, just share it and ask your friends to do the same (:

Thank you!
-Nolan

--------------------


























--------------------






Top Five Songs of the Day
  1. March On by Good Charlotte
  2. The River by Good Charlotte ft. Synester Ga
  3. Where Would We Be Now by Good Charlotte
  4. Night of the Hunter by 30 Seconds to Mars
  5. Falling Away From Me by KoRn
Song Lyric of the Day

~And now I must confess 
That I am a sinking ship 
I'm anchored by the weight of my heart cause its filled with these feelings 
I keep my true thought locked beside my hearts black box 
It wont be found, it wont be found, through the smoke or the wreckage 
So I crash and burn 
I got a lot of things to learn 

Where would we be now baby, if we found each other first 
What would you do now darling, if I said these simple words 
I'll wait, I'll wait...As long as you want 

Where would we be now baby 

I'll wait 
I'll wait~

-Where Would We Be Now by Good Charlotte

Video Game of the Day

League of Legends




Youtube Video(s) of the Day


I'm a hopeless romantic.
This video makes me cry.
: ' )


I literally have not laughed this hard in a long time.
I laughed and lost my breath.
I'm pretty sure my lungs were broken for a second.
It's funny if you know who Wesker is.

Picture(s) of the Day



This one makes me laugh so hard.
I put it up again.












No comments: