Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rambling Blog - Cheating & Why You Deserve The Best



Hmm.

I have literally know idea what I want to blog about today.

None.

Kind of empty and out of it.

I'm still sick, which really sucks.

I had to wake up sick, then go scrape off ice on my car.
It was lame ):
And I want to go home.
But I have to go to stupid class.

--------------------

I think I might just talk about how NOT every guy cheats.

People on Facebook have an extreme hate for boys.
If you look at some of the "like" pages that come up, you know what I mean.

I wish I could name some off the top of my head.
Basically, 99% of the pages involving guys generally say something along the lines of,
"Every guy in the entire world has ALWAYS been at fault for a failed relationship because EVERY SINGLE GUY cheats on girls ALL THE TIME. Girls have never done anything wrong, ever."

I find these types of pages or comments infuriating.
Yes, I know that, in general, guys cheat more than girls.

It's a sad truth about the world we live in. It really is.
And, as a guy, I find it tragic that my gender has earned that stereotype.
Not only that, but I hate that others are starting to assume that every guy in the world cheats.

I've been cheated on by a girl before.
I know a few friends who have been too.
But I don't stereotype them, and assume every girl cheats.
That's illogical and close-minded.
Everybody is completely different.
Not everyone thinks the same way, and not everyone acts the same way.

I know that guys are statistically more prone to cheating than girls are.
But that doesn't mean that all of us cheat.
Just because a majority exists, it doesn't mean the majority is all that exists.
If that makes sense.

I just find it frustrating when people assume something like that.
I've never cheated on anyone.
Granted, I've only dated.... 7 girls.
But still.
I've never even thought about cheating on them. I just don't see any kind of benefit.
You lose her trust.
You lose her friends.
You don't gain anything, except for maybe some occasional "fun" with another girl.
But even then... You're not truly gaining anything.

So, to the girls who are reading this, I have no idea why guys cheat. I really don't.
I don't think many guys really do anyway. We're a mystery to ourselves.

So don't ask me. I'm as clueless as you are.

It pisses me off that every guy gets generalized like that.
There are nice guys out there.
I don't wanna put myself up on a high horse, but I'm a nice guy.
I don't cheat.
I don't ask for much.
I'm perfectly fine being friends with a girl I have feelings for.
That's how it's been for most of my life.
And I'm okay with that!
I like being a friend!

I'm fine with that!

I have other guy friends that are the same way.
We are nice guys.
We make good friends.
We don't judge or ask for too much.
We don't push a girl to do something they feel uncomfortable about.

We don't cheat on people.

I've been told that, since I'm a guy, I should be blamed for every one of my relationships that has ended.
I really don't think that.
I'm probably to blame for my relationships that end.
But I've never cheated on someone. It hurts everyone when you do.
It's just.....
Not worth it.
It's stupid.
Childish.
Immature.
Pathetic.

I don't like cheating.
I hate it.

I think that, if a guy cheats, the girl has a right to instantly end that relationship.

However, there are some girls that are strong and forgiving enough to forgive him for that.
That's one of the strongest things for someone to do, in my opinion.
It takes a mature and strong young woman to look past his faults, and forgive him for the lost trust, and the pain he's caused.

So, if you're one of those girls who has forgiven a guy for cheating on you, I'm proud of you.
You're mature beyond your years, and it takes a lot of guts and strength to do what you did.
I hope that your relationship grows and becomes stronger because of that (:

--------------------

This blog is going to be kind of short.
Just sayin'.

--------------------

I was talking to Cooper about what I should blog about.
I mentioned that I was talking about how not every guy cheats.
He said that I should include a part about how girls need to raise their standards.
I agree!

The hard part of really raising your own standards is realizing how important you are.
Often, this seems like the hardest part.
I don't think myself to be worth keeping.

But if you can realize that, your standards will go up!
When you realize how much you're worth, it'll be more obvious who's worth your time and who's not.
When you figure out that you deserve the best, you can see when someone's using you.
You can find out who actually treats you right.

You figure out who was there for you all along.
You start to realize that, to someone, you mean everything.
It's hard to come to that point, but it will change your life when you realize just how amazing you are.

I realize that the 'bad boy' appeal often can blind some people.
Even the 'bad girl' appeal is blinding.
Sometimes, the 'bad' girl or guy is actually a nice, courteous person that is pretty cool, they just give off a more dangerous vibe.

That can be attractive for different reasons.
Sometimes, it's fun because your parents don't like it, and you get to rebel.
But they can really hurt you or influence you in a bad way.

I'm not going to try and preach who or who not to date or be with.

I just think that girls need to start raising their standards and looking for guys that will treat you right.


Stop looking for the guys that have a bad reputation.
If he's an asshole to other people, odds are, he'll be an asshole to you.
If he's nice and kind to people he doesn't like, imagine how amazing he'll be to people he does like.

Girls, you need to start raising your standards.
I'm not saying that every single guy is pathetic and doesn't deserve you..
I'm saying, if a guy treats you like shit, he's not worth it.
I've mentioned that 95% of my closest friends are females.
I help listen to them when something is wrong.
I like being vented to.
It gives them a set of non-judgmental ears.

So much of the pain that they feel is because of a guy.
Again, I'm not saying that guys cause all the pain in the world.
But.. Damn.
We hurt people a lot.
And I hate hearing that a guy has broken someone's heart.

Girls, you're amazing.
Okay?
My blog about how beautiful you are still applies to this.
You deserve the best, and nothing less.

Don't just 'settle' for a guy.
Look for one that can treat you like the wonderful person you are!
Look for one that makes you happy.
That can understand you.
That can help you be happy!
One that will stay up late talking to you.
One that will call you back even if you hang up on them.
One that is always there for you.

Frankly, not many guys are actually 'the best'.
Lots of us are stupid.
Not all of us, but lots of us.
If we hurt you, we don't deserve you.
And you deserve better than the minimum.

You really do deserve the best.
It's just a matter of wanting the best.
Don't just give up and settle.....
Search for that 'one' that deserves you.
That treats you right.
That makes you happy.
That you can love.

Look around..
Find him, and don't let go.


--------------------


That's my blog (:
Pretty short compared to my most recent posts.
However, I hope it made someone smile.

It was pretty easy and quick to write, so sorry if it's not really fantastic.

But I really do believe what I wrote.

And I hope you were able to take something away from it (:


--------------------


Don't forget!
Share it with your friends if you liked it!
Post the link on Facebook, or just hit the little "share to facebook" button at the bottom of the post!
It takes about 2 clicks, and it'd mean a lot to me!

Even just one person can help me get a bigger audience (:

Have a good day everybody!
-Nolan


--------------------















--------------------


Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Holiday In My Head by Smashmouth
  2. All Black by Good Charlotte
  3. Undead by Hollywood Undead
  4. Kill by Jimmy Eat World
  5. It's On! by KoRn
Song Lyric of the Day

~Do you believe everything that you read
Everything that you see on the set
You look around at your sleepy little town
And think that this is as good as it gets
Well what you're lookin' at is heaven-sent 

Every day is a getaway when all of it goes unsaid
I got a holiday a paid holiday
I got a holiday in my head~

-Holiday In My Head by Smashmouth


Video Game of the Day


Dead Island!
Man-punching zombies.



Youtube Video of the Day



Admit it. You just got one of the best flashbacks to childhood ever.
How can this song NOT make you happy?
Everyone remembers skating down a massive hill on a piece of a helicopter.
Then avoiding a massive truck crash.

One of the best games ever <3

Picture(s) of the Day



















No comments: