Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Blog! (What a surprise!)

Ah yes. Valentine's Day.
Singles Awareness Day.

I'm just looking at it as a Tuesday.

I guess I was worried today was going to be full of heartbreak and crying, but I think it might be okay.
I'm currently waiting to get into my next class where I have a test for Abnormal Psychology.
It's really interesting.
But maybe it's because I have a personal connection to weird stuff like that.
I like it.
I'm not TOO stressed.. I am a little bit just because I haven't taken his tests before, so it's kind of intimidating.
But I feel like I'll do... decently at least.
Hopefully not too bad.

Lets' see... Today..

Woke up, JUMPED out of bed because I thought my dad said, "It's 10:00!"
That freaked me out because I had an errand to run by 9:30!
But I got downstairs and realized he said, "It's 8:10!"

So I had plenty of time.
It was all good.
I ran my errand, came back home, then sat down to play some video games before I went to class.
Which is when I remembered I needed to do a little extra studying.
So I studied..
Then went off to class.

I have a 3-hour lab on Tuesdays, and they're generally boring.
Today was no exception.
But hey, I'm done with it.
Yay!

Now I have my next class with a test, then I'm heading home to eat some lunch, then head to work.
Hooray.

--------------------

Hmmmmm.
Valentine's Day.

I figure I should talk about it, I mean.. It is a blog after all.
I talk about stuff that I'm thinking about.
Yup.

Two of my closest friends Ashley and Lizzi have written awesome blogs about Valentine's Day, so I would advise reading them right now!

DO IT.

Ashley's

Lizzi's


--------------------


Let's see.
Valentine's Day.
Again.

Hmph.
I don't have any super-awesome-fantastic-great-wonderful-amazing ideas.
Honestly, I don't really like Valentine's Day.
Not because I'm single.

I mean, I wasn't expecting to be single this Valentine's Day, but things don't always turn out the way you hoped.

But the good news is I'm not miserable!
I mean, if I get miserable, it'll be around midnight when I always get depressed.
Meh.

But until then, I intend to try and be happy.
It requires quite a bit of effort.
I've been single for every Valentine's Day of my existence.
Not just that, but each year I'm expecting not to be single for the day, but I guess I'm just unlucky like that.

This isn't about me complaining though.

This is about Valentine's Day.


--------------------


I agree with both Lizzi's and Ashley's blogs.
They both bring up the point that you should love your significant other every day, regardless.
I definitely agree.
But that doesn't mean you can't do something special for Valentine's Day right?
It's a holiday, and it's fine if you want to do something mushy and romantic.
No one will blame you.

So, to you people who have that special someone:
Love them every day! You already do, and you should already be loving them and reminding them how awesome they are every day.
However, it's Valentine's Day.
Do something special!
Take them out to eat,
Buy them roses,
Buy them candy,
Make them food,
Go on a date,
Go where you had your first date,
Hold them in your arms, remind them you love them.

You! Yes, you. But not you. Eww. You're weird.
YOU.
I'm happy that you have someone special.
Everyone needs love, and it's a fantastic feeling to find someone who can love you in a way no one else has before.
I miss that feeling, so if you have someone, don't take it for granted.
They don't have to love you. They love you because you're amazing, because you're special to them.
You're lucky to have a special someone.
So don't just toss the love away.
Hang on to it, and show them that you care too.
Every day, remind them you love them.
But today, make an extra effort to be cute!
Go the extra mile and buy them a flower or something.
It's worth it to see them smile.

Now, to you single people.
We're awesome.
Yes, it doesn't feel awesome sometimes.
In fact, it downright sucks a lot of the time.

But I'm going to steal some of Lizzi's blog right here..
You've been happy before.
Yes?
Yes!

What made you happy?
Do you have good memories of something that made you happy?
Is there an object associated with that?

Lizzi talked about her cute little stuffed puppy that her and her boyfriend had bought!
It makes her smile, and she loves hanging on to it.

I will pose the same idea she had:
Find that special thing, and just hang on to it.
Find something that makes you happy, and hold on to it!
Be it a physical item, or a memory.

You were happy at one time.
You can be happy again.

Yes, today sucks.
If you've been in love, if you've lost love, if you were broken up with, if you broke up with someone..
It all hurts.
And it is just lame to walk around and see couples in love.
Yes, you're happy for them.

But you get to sit and watch them kiss.
Watch them holding each other.
Watch them holding hands, walking and smiling at each other.
You get to see people gazing into each other's eyes like there's no one else in the world.

God, it hurts.
It makes your heart ache just looking at them.
Seeing someone else in love the way you used to be.
Seeing someone showing their love for someone the way you used to.

It hurts.
It hurts so much.

But hey, guess what?
You're not alone.
I know people who feel the same way.
It hurts, yes it really does.

It'll pass though!
You'll see that, you will always see that.
But the thing is, it doesn't have to hurt every time you see it.
No, you might not "get over them".
They'll always have a place in their heart that no one else can fill.

I can't promise that you'll get over them and never feel pain again, because, let's face it.
Something will always hurt.
It's life!
It does that!
It sucks at times!

But it doesn't have to suck all the time.

Take today for example.
You're going to see couples everywhere.
You're going to see tons of Facebook statuses about people in love.
You're going to see commercials selling things specifically for couples, advertising love.

But it doesn't have to hurt all the time.
Find something that makes you happy.
It can be anything..

Driving.
Video games.
Movies.
Food.
Candy.
TV Shows.
Youtube videos.
Music.
Friends.

Find something that is happy, something that comforts you and makes you happy.
And do it!
Submerge yourself in it.
Get lost in it.

Listen to music for hours on end.
Watch funny youtube videos.
Watch funny movies.
Get coffee with friends.
Eat candy!

You don't have to be unhappy today.
You have the means to have a good day!

You just have to want it!

So to all you couples out there..
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you stay together, I hope you cherish every moment with them.

To all you other single people..
Screw Valentine's Day.
Do something fun.
You don't have to be miserable.
So get off your ass and go have a great rest of the day (:


--------------------


Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Get Up by KoRn ft. Skrillex
  2. S.O.S. by Good Charlotte
  3. One Year, Six Months by Yellowcard
  4. My Immortal by Evanescence
  5. My Wall by KoRn ft. Excision and Downlink
Song Lyric of the Day

~And along came something sacred
I never knew what I found
The demons dance around, elated
They're hurting me
I put my wall up each day
You tear it down
I hide in my space
The space you found
And one of these days
I'll come unbound
The feelings I hate
Will finally drown
Falling awake in a nightmare
Images of horror abound
Thought I stumbled upon salvation
Hell I found
I put my wall up each day~

-My Wall by KoRn ft. Excision and Downlink

Video Game of the Day
The Darkness II.

I'll steal your heart.
Then eat it. 
Om nom nom.
<3

Youtube Video of the Day



Picture(s) of the Day


Happy Valentine's Day!
<3







No comments: