Sunday, February 12, 2012

I apologize for my last post.. This one is worth reading!

So, about my earlier blog post, I'm sorry.
It was pretty childish, pathetic, and all-around uninteresting.

For a while now, I've been realizing that when I blog, if I'm upset, I'll blog about why I DON'T want to blog.

If I'm happy, I'll blog about my day.

So I've realized this for a while now, but I guess I didn't bother doing anything about it.

Until Lizzi and I had a talk about it.
We talked and kind of argued back and forth about it.
Suffice to say, she gave me a lot to think about.

We started talking about why people love my blog, then we went into why I need to stop writing bitchy blogs.

Just to make it clear, I know that, and I agree with her 100%.
I'm not writing this in a pissed-off mood or anything.
I'm writing because she helped me do something about it.
I always knew I needed to start writing something that wasn't bitchy, and I guess she just helped kick-start me.
So, starting today, even if I'm upset, I'm going to write a blog about my day, or basically anything that DOESN'T involve me complaining about not wanting to blog.

Suffice to say, she definitely gave me a lot to think about, and she helped me look at my blog in a new way.

SO.

I apologize to all you who read that and thought, "... What the hell? I wanted to read a blog post. Not.... Whatever this is."

( I wanted to make a funny comment like, 'I wanted to read a blog post, not a bitch post', but I wasn't sure what to say. So I said that).

--------------------

So I'm going to take action right now, and blog about my day.
Because even if it's boring, people will still read it.

Let's see...
My day.

Woke up pretty late, maybe 11:00-ish.

Had my customary 4 waffles sprinkled with chocolate chips, then...
Went to my room.

Where I've pretty much been since then.
My life is so boring.

Seriously.
The only time I do something fun is on the weekends.

Actually.. I'm still boring, even then.

I was going to do a swimming workout with some friends Saturday morning, but most people couldn't come, and my friend woke up feeling sick.
Sooooo we didn't go.
But we will next weekend.

I hope.

Back to today...
Stayed in my room, pretty much studied and played video games all day.
However, I think I put more time into studying.
Which is interesting.

The only problem is, the more I study, the more I start to skim.
So I take breaks then go back to studying.
Except I think my breaks got a little too long.
I'm still on a break I started about 2 hours ago.

I still have one more chapter to cover..
Well I can do that after this post.


--------------------


I haven't bothered to write about video games recently because I just didn't feel like it.
To be honest, I still find it a little hard to believe that people will read the section about video games.

But hey, it's part of my life.
Might as well.
Don't really lose anything except a few minutes of typing.

Let's see..
Video games.

Today, I pretty much played..

Kingdoms of Amalur, The Darkness II, and some Mirror's Edge.

Geez. Usually I find it hard to find something to play.
But..
DAMN.
The Darkness II definitely captured my soul.
It's my kind of game.

A little gory at times, but it's got an EXCELLENT story.
That's so weird, because normally, I don't really get into the story of a game..
But the story is just...
It draws you in FAST, and you get emotionally involved with the characters.
It's crazy.

I love it.

As far as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning goes, I've played it for.. Let me check.

..

While I'm waiting for that to load, I'll keep talking.

I'm an RPG fanatic.
It's my favorite genre.

Oh, it loaded.
Let me ALT-Tab in and check my play time...
..

Looks like just over 15 hours.
Not too bad for having for 4-ish days.

I love it.
It's pretty much a hack n' slash RPG.
Generally, I don't like hack n' slashes, but Dragon Age II and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning have definitely caught my eye.
Dragon Age I was more strategic and hardcore, but Dragon Age II definitely made it more streamlined and easy to pick up and play. But you only got one race.. Sad.

Speaking of race, I feel like I want to play Skyrim right now.
But I'm tired of moving my 360 downstairs every weekend.
So I'm leaving it down there. Until I desperately crave it.
But with The Darkness II, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and Mirror's Edge.....
I'll be good on games for a while.

That's what I tell myself.

Hmm.
I don't have much to say about each game.
Honestly, they should each have their own post so I can really talk about it.
I'll do that one of these days.


--------------------


Uhhhhh I think that's my day.
Been listening to tons of music today.

Lots of Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Senses Fail, Slipknot, Lamb of God, and All That Remains.

However, I've also been listening to LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, Lil' Wayne, Cascadia, 3OH!3, and Lady Gaga.

And, some Yellowcard, Cauterize, Boysetfire, Blink-182, Sum 41, New Found Glory, and some LostProphets.

And Good Charlotte, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, and Mayday Parade.

And Paramore, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Visqueen, and even a little Taylor Swift. A LITTLE.

And Matchbox Twenty, and Box Car Racer, Secondhand Serenade, Postal Service, and Death Cab For Cutie.

And, some Buddy Rich, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, and some Miles Davis.

Also, Yo-Yo Ma, Beethoven, and some Bach.

In case you can't tell, I kind of like music.

Quite a lot.

Yeah.

That's my music for the day!


--------------------


So right now, I'm listening to some 3OH!3, and writing this post.
About ready to study some more, then head to sleep.

Fun note, I set my laptop so that it will wake itself out of sleep, and play some music as an alarm.
It has worked.

The first alarm that goes off plays TROGDOR.
Because every day, when I was at Cameron and Kevin's house, Kevin would play it to wake us up.
So it works.

Also, the next couple songs are Dragonforce.
Because, let's face it.
They're fun to listen to.
If you don't listen to it expecting to be WOW'd by crazy talent, you won't be disappointed.
It requires talent to play that.....
But it's just worth more as fun music.
Even if it's all repetitive.
But hey.

It wakes you up fast.


--------------------

I think that's basically it for my blog.

Not much happened, but at least I talked about something.
Sorta.

Oh well.
I have a couple random topics that I intend to blog about.
I have 1 word on my sticky note.
"Discrimination".

So I might write a couple posts covering that type of thing, but I might not.
For all you know, I might blog about kittens.

Or puppies.
Or sugar gliders (I learned about those from Brittany.. She was kind of obsessed with them for a week).

Or kittens.
I like kittens.

Or bunnies.

Now I'm naming animals.

Otters.
Cute.

Anyway, that's enough for the night.

Sleep well everybody!

Also, Lizzi...

CURB STOMP.

--------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Fat Lip by Sum 41
  2. Paper Walls by Yellowcard
  3. Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous by Good Charlotte (obsessed with that song)
  4. American Idiot by Green Day
  5. Abandon Ship or Abandon All Hope by Four Year Strong
Song Lyric of the Day

~Here I am, still hold on to this, 
Dream we had, won't let go of it, 
Hear me now, you will never be alone..

Don't listen too close, their words are like guns.
With bullets that fly and kill what you've won.
Some love to hate, and some tell you lies.
So lets make a toast, and kiss them goodbye..

We'll kiss them all goodbye..

Here I am, still hold on to this,
Dream we had, won't let go of it, 
Hear me now, you will never be alone..

Let's take what hurts, and write it all down.
On these paper walls, and this empty house.
And when our ink runs out, we'll burn it to the ground~

-Paper Walls by Yellowcard



Video Game of the Day
Mirror's Edge.
Underrated, awesome.


Youtube Video of the Day


Bahahahahahaha.


Picture(s) of the Day

I made this one... It made me smile. Nothing against Black Veil Brides but... No. Can't beat Metallica.








No comments: