Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hmm.. Blog post.. Talking about my day!

Not much has happened yet today, but I guess I'll cover what I've been up to so far.

--------------------

So last night, my friend Aaron came over and spent the night.
I don't have class on Thursdays until 2:00, so it gives us the chance to just hang out and play games and talk.
I absolutely love that kid. I love being around him. He's an extremely talented musician, and he understands music in a way that not many people I know do.


--------------------

I promote some bands that need publicity!
(They didn't ask me to do this, I did because I love them).

Aaron's got an AWESOME band, and they're having a release party for their first EP!
If you want to show up (which you do), here's the Facebook event.

Also, become a fan of them right here!

I would definitely suggest checking out their stuff. Really, really awesome sounding music.
I love it.
Heavier music, great screaming and growling, good vocals, SICK guitar riffs, solos, and an awesome drummer.

Speaking of random bands, check out this one too!

This one is from my friend Josh. He's also a sick musician.
So definitely check out their stuff.
Really, really really heavy music.
I absolutely adore their sound.
I kind of love it.
Some of the coolest screaming I've ever heard.

Plus, if they get 900 likes, then they put up some music for download! So hit up that page and click the little like button!

It literally only takes a few seconds to check those out, so I say go for it.
They definitely need tons of supporters, so I would actually ask you to go check them out!
Seriously... It's like, 10 minutes to look at both bands.
Please check them out (:


--------------------


Hmm today..
Woke up to Trogdor playing, then kind of left it on repeat.
Aaron kept trying to wake me up to shut it off.

"NOLAN... Wake up! Trogdor has played like 10 times in a row and I can't shut it off!"

"Grumble.. Mmmhph.. I will soon."
*falls back asleep*

Eventually I got up and shut it off.
So that was nice.

We then ate some breakfast, then went down to play video games.
He tried out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
He loves it!
Like Ian described it: "It's Fable 3! Without the SUCK."
In the GameInformer review, it says, "Too much content."

Aaron takes that info as "challenge accepted!"
When he plays an RPG, HE PLAYS THE RPG.
He completed Lost Odyssey 100%....
4 DVD rpg, completely finished.
I look forward to seeing how fast he completes lots of Kingdoms.


--------------------


After he headed out, I finished off a League of Legends game.
They re-worked one of my favorite characters. Shen.
Eye of Twighlight.
My first tank <3
But he kind of.... Wasn't very good when he was released.
He was a tank, but had tons of energy issues and problems...
They re-worked him, and now I dominate with him.
Don't get many kills because I focus on tank, but I really can help people.
Winning.


--------------------


Then I showered, then hopped in my car to buy myself a birthday present.
I originally was going to get a $30 set of workout gloves that have weights in them.
I've enjoyed boxing with weights in my hand because it works out more muscles than usual, and makes it more difficult.
I had to just hold a pair of 5 pound weights.. I was very, very careful not to fling them.


That's kind of what I was avoiding.

So I checked and found a nice pair of weighted gloves with 1 pound in each hand.
Sadly, they were not very good. The weights weren't easily changed..
So I bought a pair of $20 ones.
They have removable weights.
It comes with 4 1/2 pound weights, and 2 1 pound weights. 
Much better deal.
So I look forward to trying them out tonight!

If I had the money, I really, really, really want to start doing Muay Thai.
I watched a couple tv shows about it, and I really like it.
I mean, I liked it before I watched the shows.
But now I really like it.
I like boxing, and I like throwing punches.
However, I've started throwing in elbow strikes.
It just seems smarter to have something to use when you get in really close.
I also want to kick and knee people in the ribs repeatedly.
It looks fun.
I love the whole fighting style.
Using kicks to be a pain in the ass, then when they move in, punish them with punches and elbows!
And knees!
And grapples, then kneeing them in the face!
Or throat!
Or ribs!

I really want to start trying it out.
I watched the Human Weapon episode about it on Youtube, and it was kind of awesome.
Lots of the fights and stuff are scripted, and it's kind of cheesy at times, but it gives an awesome history and kind of the evolution of Muay Thai. It's a pretty sick episode! I intend to watch more of their episodes today.


I'm sure I could find some sort of training manual for "free" online.
Then get it for "free". Then use it.
If I do find that, I also want a pair of ankle weights.
I really like the idea of wearing weights while I work out.
I figure, I'll eventually be like this if I can get those weights.





Realistic goal, right?
Right.
So I need to start working out a little more.
Okay, a lot more.
Okay, about 8 or 9 or 10 or 12 hours a day.
For a few years.
Okay, for 6 years.

Then I'll be like that.

Yes, that is now my goal in life.
Learn to open the 8 inner gates.
That's one of the coolest ideas ever.
I love Lee.
Boss.


--------------------


So yeah, I guess that's my workout plans and stuff.
I'm excited to start working out.
My friend Maddie has become my work out buddy.
She goes to the gym every day, and she's been texting me and letting me know when she goes.
Because of that, I feel guilty and fat when she goes, so I do my work out.
I pushed myself too far last time, so my muscles are kind of jacked up.
So my next few workouts will be more stretching-oriented.
Workouts, but not as intense.

Also, I'm planning on going to yoga with my friend Ashley (:
I'm excited.
I haven't done yoga in a while.
Woot!

*NOTE*
The word "woot" originated from Dungeons and Dragons.
It was a combination of "wow!" and "loot!"
Woot.
Random fact from my brother-in-law.


--------------------


Hmmm I guess that's really all I have to blog about right now.
I'll probably end up writing another one tonight, detailing about the rest of my day.
Right now, I'm in class.
I always blog during class.
It keeps me awake and helps me focus.

Yeah.
SO, I'll see you guys later!


--------------------


Remember, check out Aaron's band!
Don't forget Josh's band!

If you like them, tell your friends!

Also, if you like my blog, let some friends know!
I enjoy having people read these(:
And if you want to, hit the "follow" button up on the top left corner of this blog.
When it says to sign in, just use your Google account!
You don't have to subscribe through email, but I definitely love people reading these, and followers make me happy!

So yeah!
Hit the little share button down here(:

-Nolan

--------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Black Dahlia by Hollywood Undead
  2. Young by Hollywood Undead
  3. This Love, This Hate by Hollywood Undead
  4. Never Enough by Five Finger Death Punch
  5. Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade (Bit of a difference from the other songs I picked!)
Song Lyric of the Day

~So we
March to the drums of the damned as we come
Watch it burn in the sun - we are numb!

We are young!
But we have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
Born in this world as it all falls apart~

-Young by Hollywood Undead

Word of the Day
(I might not do this every day, but I found an interesting one in my lecture today).

Psychoneuroimmunology: Study of the interaction between nervous system and immune system.

Video Game of the Day

League of Legends


Youtube Video of the Day



Picture(s) of the Day
















No comments: