Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 17: Party x3!

Today was awesome!
Jess and I planned out to go to City Park and take pictures before we went to the parties, right?
She called me at 9:45 in the morning, BOTH of us half asleep. I wasn't sure who was calling me, and she was half asleep and couldn't really form a perfect sentence.
I'm sure our conversation was... Awesome sounding.

Anyway.
She dropped by around 11:30. We left around 12 or so. We....
Well, we went to City Park, got some water, our cameras, then walked a bit to a nice bench by the lake.
Then we asked each other, "So what ideas did you have?"
...... We both had no idea what to do.
So we ended up just leaving.

First off, we went down to where Mary's party was going to be.
We walked around a bit and Jess showed me the neighborhood!
It was good. There were quite a bit of............
To put it gently, "Amuurrricans."
Cowboy boots, talking about Nascar, chewing and spitting, drinking beer, American flags waving off the back of the big Chevy trucks, couple shotguns in the back of the room..
Yeah.

Amurrrrica.

I think I walked in and my level of patriotism skyrocketed, and my tolerance dropped like a rock.
It was funny.

I got to meet a couple of Jess's really good friends, and I really liked them!
I can't wait to hang out with them.

After that, she showed me where she went to elementary school, where she went to junior high, and where she went to high school!
It was really really cool.
I loved seeing bits of her past.
Then we went to the park near the elementary.
We played on the playground.
It was awesome.
We were walking and my water bottle hit her hand....
She DENTED the BASE of my SOLID metal water bottle.
The solid base. Where the metal is thickest.
She DENTED it with her knuckle.

It's.. Terrible. Ouch. I felt horrible.
But she said it felt better.

Then we went to Madi's party!
Not sure on spelling there.. But we went to her party.
She's such an adorable sweetheart. Cute as a button.
And her dad!
Geez. I don't think I've ever had such a great first impression from an adult ever.
He was so kind and awesome.. I loved meeting him.
He was just as sweet as his daughter.
Yeah.. It was fun. Awkward, but fun.

Then we went home. Then......
Meghan called, and... Well, her cat died. 18 years old... She was crying, and Jess almost started crying.
As soon as I heard Meghan's voice on the phone, I was getting ready to go. I've never heard her cry.
Granted, we just met, but.. Still. I care about her. So we hauled ass outta there.
I didn't even tie my shoes.
We got there and hugged and talked a bit, then headed out to Caleb's party.
His was fun.

I liked it. I got to show off my girlfriend to my friends.. I loved doing that. I felt... Fancy.
I loved holding her hand and introducing her to everyone. I really did.

Then we went home.
Well, we went to a park first. We were going to take a walk, but we got sidetracked talking.
And.. We sat in the car for a good hour talking. About.... A lot.
A lot of things that we needed to cover. I mean, it's not stuff that is hurting us or making things bad, it's just...
Things we need to talk about. Deep subjects.
Our pasts, our feelings, what we think about our situation, what we want to be, what we want to change..
I always come away from those discussions feeling good, and I think she feels the same.

I love being able to talk about important things with her.. We have a really good relationship that we can talk about important things.

Then we headed home and watched a bunch of different stuff on Netflix.
We also were a little... Late in getting her out of the house.
Not for that reason! Perv.
It's cause her alarm didn't go off.
So... She made it out of the house about 16 minutes late.
But she made it home on time!
Which is always good.

Yeah..
Today was good.
I loved being around Jess for the whole day.
I really can't get enough of her.
I'm off to game a bit, then go to sleep.

Bye!

-Nolan

No comments: