Tuesday, September 4, 2012

9/4- I might actually have something to talk about!

(NOTE) This blog isn't really that long at all, there's just lots of videos at the bottom of the post!
So read up!)Well, it's a Tuesday. That extra day off this weekend was nice. Hooray for Labor Day.
I'm exhausted right now, and I'm not sure why.
I'm sitting in my World Lit class, waiting for the professor to get here.

Geez, I'm tired.
Since I hate coffee, I use Dr. Pepper to wake up. I haven't drunk much of it, so I probably should.
And the classroom is super warm, so it's easier to fall asleep.

Must. Resist. Sleep.

This class is really small, so I can't risk falling asleep. I might get eaten alive or something.

Whoa, deja vu.

That stuff is creepy. Isn't it?
I prefer to think of it as re-loading a quick save.

I've been listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk for the past.. Two days. I mean, almost non-stop.
I've listened to other stuff too, but mostly this song. I don't know why.

It just makes me happy. 
So I'm officially a fan of P!nk.

Yup..
Time for the bigger section of the blog.

--------------------

I'm not exactly sure where this came from, but I've been thinking about it for a month or two. 

And if you've read anything else I've written, you know that I just start rambling and hope it actually goes somewhere. 

This one is interesting, if I do say so myself.

Being in college, you get a better feeling for people, as you meet and talk to a bunch of random people, even if it's just for five minutes. I've met some cool people. Not anyone that really is my friend, but someone I enjoyed talking to. And yes, that means people of varying sexuality. 

I don't really know how to explain this part. It's a little.. Hard to structure.
Long story short.. 
When someone has come out of the closet to their family, I've heard of family members that have said something along the lines of "It broke my heart hearing them tell us he/she was gay, but I will always love them, no matter who they are."

Now, I think that it's a sign of maturity to still love and cherish someone, even if they have a different lifestyle than you originally thought, even if it's something you don't necessarily agree with.

But I think the first part of that sentence is what bothers me.

"It broke my heart to hear that they were gay."

Why should it break your heart? Yes, it's something different. Yes, it's a lifestyle change. Yes, you don't
agree with the values. But why should it break your heart?
I think that you should feel happy. I think you should be proud of them for having the strength to tell you.
I think you should almost feel honored that someone so close to you deemed you important enough, that they looked at you as someone so special to them that they shared a part of their life that you that not many people know, that they cared for you enough to get rid of  all the secrets between you both. 

If you truly love them, if you truly believe that you will love them no matter who they are, then it shouldn't break your heart, just because they have a different lifestyle than yours. 

Now, like I've said before, I'm not trying to get up on my soap box and condemn you all for being heathens and terrible people. I'm not trying to say I'm better than you. This is just how I see things, and this is how I feel about this particular topic. 

I don't really think there's a specific group of people that do this the most. I've honestly heard it from various people. I'm not going to pick out a religious group or anything. This just.. Seems like it's fairly common.

It just bothers me that people can be judged so harshly based on their lifestyle, or how they look at the world. 

I absolutely love this picture.
I think it's pretty accurate. 



































I don't know, I just love it when someone counters a stereotype, especially when they do it in support of a group that generally doesn't get much support by the general populace.
That picture makes me smile.

Let's see... I can't think of anything else really super-exciting to write about, so this might be the end of this post for now.

Here are a couple songs that I think are pretty encouraging, especially when you need to feel better about yourself.




















There you go!
These are some of my favorite songs that can make you feel a little better about yourself. Well, they help me with that, so hopefully they will for you too.

Remember, you are who you are. And no one can change that. And you should never try to change yourself just to please others. 

It takes time, but you can love yourself for who you are, in spite of the flaws that you see in yourself.

You may be critical and brutal on yourself, but not everyone will look at your flaws and tell you to change.

Love you for you, not because someone else tells you to.

I hope you all had a wonderful day. 

It may be rough, but keep a smile on that face!
It may look bad now, but it will get better.

-Nolan 

PS- If you liked this blog, share it with your friends, via smoke signals, morse code, pony express, or whatever else you kids use these days.

<3

You made it through another day! Congratulations!

No comments: