Monday, October 22, 2012

10/21- .....

I have nothing to say right now.

Today was alright.

Well, I don't know how today was.
I spent the day keeping myself distracted.

More and more, I'm finding I hate being alone.

I've been playing so many video games, I've been listening to so much music, I've been watching so much stuff on Netflix..

I'm keeping myself busy 24/7.
Which is working, for the most part.

Except there are times when I see something on Facebook, I hear something from someone, or I just...
I don't know.
I feel fine, but in the space of two seconds, I feel like shit again.
It really gets old.

You know?
Having a strain on your emotions so strong that it changes them, sending them up and down, all within minutes.

I suppose it's part of who I am, so it's something I've come to accept.
I may not like it, but I have to live with it.

And just like that, I feel fine again.
Strange.

Well, I'm going to mention tattoos, because I've been thinking about them.

I'd love to get a full back piece, but I don't have any good plans yet.
The ones that I know I'm going to get are all pretty simple.

1. "Life is the fine art of keeping your balance."

I'm getting that across my back shoulders. It's something my mom said.

2. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Chinese proverb. Getting it done down my side. The infamous rib tattoo. Yay!

3. This one I'm debating.. A small tattoo of a great white shark.

No, this isn't just a random thing to pretend like I'm manly. My mom has sent me a picture of a shark numerous times to cheer me up, because a shark has to keep moving. Which is always my problem, because when I stop moving, things get worse. So, reminding myself to be like a shark actually helps sometimes.
Still thinking if that would be a good one.

4. To Write Love On Her Arms

This one, I'm also not sure of.
I have a very deep and personal connection with the subject of self-harm, as this blog will tell you.
And I'm.. I suppose you could say a recovering addict.
When it comes to things that bother me enough to speak up, self-harm and suicide is one of them.
On Facebook recently, a picture came up that was poking fun at a recent suicide by trying to almost one-up them by saying how much worse their life was.

To date, that picture is the only one that  has pissed me off enough to speak up and be indignant.

But anyway.. Yes, I have a deep connection with this type of thing. And I absolutely adore the TWLOHA movement. So I'd love to get a tattoo of that, maybe somewhere small, maybe on a bicep or lower back.

All of these things are.. I suppose you could say "subject to change", so nothing is exactly set in stone.
And plus, all these require money, which I don't have any of.

Interestingly enough, I might actually have a slim chance of getting a job to work at Tulip in the mall.
I've been already (jokingly) ridiculed for.. Well, for considering working at a clothing store for girls.
But I maintain that it's not creepy. Because the clothes there aren't really just.. Cutesy for little girls and stuff.
I mean.. I don't know. It has a little more style, so the clothes are more geared towards.. I don't know! Teenagers and college students. At least, that's what it seems like to me.. I could be wrong, and I could totally be creepy, but I don't think it is.

And plus.. I'd love to work in an environment like that. Being able to help the customer decide what to buy, and giving an opinion on what they picked out, and make suggestions to try and help? I'd love to work somewhere like that. I mean, Plato's didn't like me enough, sadly.
But I just.. I don't know. I think it's a job I could enjoy doing.
I'd just have to get past the "Oh my god you work at a clothing store for teenage girls you PEDO."
I'd have to get past that.
But hey, a job's a job. So I'm hoping.

Alright, it's that time you've been not waiting for, Nerd Time!

SO. I've given Dark Souls a break for a few weeks, so as not to get too tired of the game and stop playing altogether. I was on Reddit, browsing the Dark Souls section, which totally got me in the mood to play it again. So I did.

I've picked up Dark Souls again, which is going very well!
I'm on my second playthrough, so I'm still learning.
But I think I'm doing alright.
My weapons are pretty damn good, which is making this easier than it would have been, if I hadn't have done research on how to upgrade and stuff.

However, I'm still working on my "standard loadout" so to speak.
I'm endlessly adjusting my armor, and seeing what works best.
I'm currently comparing and doing research on what armor I'm going to upgrade.
Interestingly enough, how it looks is a major factor for me.
I mean, some of the best armor in the game is Smough's Armor Set, but look how it looks..


NASTY.
I'm mixing and matching right now, debating what I'm going to upgrade.
This playthrough, I intend to fully upgrade a single armor set into +10.
It's going to take a lot of time, so I have to make sure I pick the right armor to put all those resources into.

To this day, the most frustrating boss fight I've ever had was the Executioner Smough and Dragonslayer Ornstein fight. It PISSES ME OFFFFFFFFF.
But I did it today, and it only took maybe.. 7 or 8 tries.
I experimented with a bunch of armor and weapon combinations, and a majority of them were so slow.
I could block every attack, but I'd immediately be murdered because Ornstein kept spamming this lightning bolt that would go through my armor.
So, I equipped my lightest armor, heaviest shield, and this ring that makes all your dodge rolls flips, which makes it faster.

And I kind of dominated the fight.
I was able to block everything with my epic shield, but I could dodge through everything else, and my mobility was ridiculous.
So that's what I'm basing my strategy off of.
Heavy shield, heavy-ish weapon, light armor.

That's why I'm calculating a bunch of stuff before I make a decision.
Uh..

That's it for now I suppose.
I'm not tired, so I'm going to go do some farming and armor adjusting in Dark Souls, then get some sleep.

Nerd Time over.

Yay! Nerd time gave me something to talk about, kind of made me feel better.

Well, I suppose that's it for the night.

Sleep well everybody!

-Nolan


No comments: