Friday, March 9, 2012

Minecraft Villagers: Making babies in your living room, all day long.

Let's see here....

What to talk about..

I'm not quite sure!

I'll ramble on as usual.
--------------------

So this "pink slime" stuff is..
Gross.

In case you don't know what it is, it's basically beef scraps that would be used in dog food, that has partly been treated by ammonium hydroxide instead.

It was originally created to combat E. coli.
It didn't.. Really.... Work very well.
In fact, it had pathogens similar to E. coli and salmonella.
Not really a smart opportunity.

Plus, some fast food companies including McDonald's and Taco Bell have already stopped using this stuff.
It just... It seems absolutely disgusting.
I'll put up a picture of it at the end of the blog.
If I put it up now, that's the thumbnail that will show up as a link to this blog post.. Not what I want to do.

But seriously!
This stuff is just nasty. Meat scraps? The meat that isn't good enough to be ground beef, scraps that you'd just toss out or put in dog food.. But by itself, that's not safe. So they treat it with ammonia hydroxide, then mix it up with the ground beef we eat?

Frankly, I don't want to eat burgers from anywhere besides McDonald's now. Unless it's a company that doesn't use the pink slime.
The USDA bought 7 million pounds of this.
That's a lot.

Guess where they're putting it?
In school lunches.

......
I'd rather not eat that. I mean, school lunches were sketch before, but now they're serving up this pink slime mixed in with the hamburger patties, and some of them are even calling it 'meatloaf surprise'.

I realize there might be more to this story, but this is the first day that it's really an issue.
A mother in Texas even started a petition to oppose using all this in schools. She has 11,000 signatures, as of this morning.
That's pretty cool!

I just think that the pink slime stuff is nasty as hell. Also, it's pretty damn unhealthy.
American kids are out of shape anyway.. And I don't think adding to that is a good idea.

I think I'm going to start reading up on recent news and maybe adding in a little part where I talk about something that's actually happening.
I need to start keeping up with the world!

I need to pay attention to what's actually happening.
That pink slime is.. Disturbing.
Nasty.
--------------------

What has happened today..
So far, all I've done is wake up and go to class.
I'm sitting in my Sociology class, writing this blog.
I have no motivation to pay attention.
But I'm still paying attention! Which is good. Being able to multi-task is kind of nice.

I want to sleep. In fact, I think I will.
I have a class next period, so I need some rest. I just don't want to do anything today.
3 classes, 2 tests, and then it's spring break.
Sweet.
Almost there.
I hope spring break turns out better than I feel like it's going to be. It seems.. I don't know.
So, I'm gonna take a nap, then head to class and take my test.
Then come back during my off hour and study for my next test. And perhaps get back and write a little on here.
--------------------

I am back! I took my developmental psychology test.. I don't think I did so well. I'm not sure why! I guess I just need to study more and more. Oh well. Just another learning experience I suppose. Hopefully my next test will be better than this one.

Right now, I'm sitting in my logic class, writing this blog on my iPod. That's right, I've got a fancy blog app. So I'm writing this on my iPod right now. Not too hard. Kind of easy, actually.
I got flipped off and yelled at today. I was turning into the left lane of a road, and a woman on a scooter was in the other lane, and she decided that it would be appropriate to yell at me because I "tried to hit her".
.... Oh well. She needs to calm down I wasn't even close to hitting her.
At all. But I suppose because I'm a teenager in a car, I probably drive like grand theft auto!
Which I don't. I drive like I play Touhou. I graze ALL the things. If you get that reference, congratulations!
If not, shame on you.

Let's see.. I don't want to take my bio test! It's terrifying. But it's the last thing that's standing between me and spring break, so I'm going to take it down.
Because I'm a bloody magician!

I've been watching the Nullmetal Alchemist series.. Only four episodes so far, but oh my god it's hilarious! I've watched them multiple times and I still laugh. One of the funniest things I've seen so far was when it cuts away to a wrestling scene of a guy getting a knee to the face, and you hear Sagat yell "Tiger KNEE!"
I don't know... I found it hysterical.
But I'm weird like that.
I hope he keeps making more.
I'm going to pay attention in class now, so I'll write more when I get home!
Bye for now!

--------------------

Heeeeyyo!
I'm back!

Back.. IN BLACK.

Nah. I'm wearing.. Grey. And a purple-ish shirt.

My test wasn't too bad!

I kind of recognized most of it.
I don't think I failed though (:

I got home, and started playing some minecraft!

Also, IT'S SPRING BREAK!
WOOOOO!
I can sleep into 7 every day!
Oh wait... I already do that.

Woot.

I think I'll get the chance to record a drum cover over break. I found a guy who's willing to let me come play and record on his set.
I'm kind of excited.
I already have a list of the songs I'm most eager to cover...
I really really hope I get the chance.

For a while, I'll start posting little pictures of what I've been up to in minecraft.



A spider was hiding underneath my cave because he loved me <3


I made a small little hovel to hide in until I finished the layout of my house.
Villagers kept running in.
And making babies.
I'm serious. I went home and found a bunch of villagers....
Making babies. It was disturbing.


This is the village I spawned next to!

There used to be a mountain there.. I didn't like the mountain. It's my house.


This is the basic outline of what my house might be like on the inside...


There will be a multi-level farm here..


This is my basement. I hide cows there.
For my..
Evil enjoyment.
I hit them with flowers.

REPEATEDLY.


This is the backyard of my house.
I'm excited to explore that structure, and make a house on top. 
Then go cliff diving.
AWWW YEAHHHHH. 

--------------------

I haven't done much since then!
I'm watching Saturday Night Live with Zooey Deschanel. 
She's so awesome!
Love her.

Now I'm off to play some Dead Space at the same time.

Tonight, I leave you with a question..

If it was your last day on earth, what would you spend it doing?

Comment down below (:

-Nolan

*UPDATE*
I'm going to go to sleep... Before 1:00 am. 
Haven't done that in a while, but it looks like I will (:
--------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day
  1. Never Enough by Five Finger Death Punch
  2. Not Afraid by Eminem
  3. Best I Ever Had by Drake
  4. Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly
  5. Devil's Swing by Godsmack
Song Lyric of the Day

~Must it take a life for hateful eyes
To glisten once again
Cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

Ah, but maybe it`s the way you were taught
Or maybe it`s the way we fought
But a smile never grins without tears to begin
For each kiss is a cry we all lost
Though there is nothing left to gain
But for the banshee that stole the grave
Cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies~

-Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly

Video Game of the Day
Dead Space 2

Youtube Video of the Day


Picture(s) of the Day







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fuck is the pink stuff? Am I missing something, or did you not post a picture?

‡- Nolan -‡ said...

Ah! I apologize.
I didn't explain it.

I meant pink slime.

Here's an article on it.

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/story/2012-03-09/Pink-slime-eliminated-from-fast-food-but-not-school-lunches/53440390/1