Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 70: Old School!

Today was... Boring.
I managed to get my act together slightly.
Applied to 2 more jobs. Well, filled out applications. Gotta drop those off tomorrow.

I actually managed to register for some classes as well!
Yay! Got some stress out of the way.

I have to say..
I'm a little bit bummed. I mean, I bought a bunch of people games on Steam.
Some I know, some I don't know.
I kind of expected.. I don't know. Maybe 1 game in return? The games are less than 10 dollars, so it's not a big request. I just thought someone would spend maybe 10 dollars on me.
I mean, I'm not making a big deal out of this, it's not that important.
But I feel like it'd be kind of cool. But I definitely got to feel generous! I liked that feeling.
Part of me says I should have just kept that money and bought myself some new games.
Ohhhhh well!

Hmm.
Been on a Resident Evil spree all day.
Played a lot of 5 today.
Decided I'm actually going to try a Professional Mode runthrough!
It's almost required to have infinite ammo for some weapons though.
I can't imagine having to keep space for ammunition, among other things.
So I'm using some infinite ammo. It's not cheating! The game gives you the option of giving a gun infinite ammunition, providing you fully upgrade it, and make a certain amount of.. Some kind of points. I forgot the name.
You get them for finding S.T.A.R.S. emblems across the game, and beating levels with higher scores.
I've gotten quite a few. So I'm going to go for a full S-rank Professional runthrough.
That's going to be my gaming project.

I also grabbed Resident Evil 2 and 3 on the PC.
They're really fun!
Oldschool-ish. Oldschool to me, anyway.
It's a HELL of a lot more survival than 4 or 5 is though.
The paths are CRAMPED. And the guns are slow. Lots of zombies.
They can get back up after being knocked down, and ammo is scarce.
It's pretty awesome and stressful. I like them quite a bit.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see the new Batman movie with the guys.
Uhh.. Let's see here..

That's really it.
I think I've had my fill of Resident Evil for now.
I'm going to go play Street Fighter for a bit.

....

Or Resident Evil.
I've taken it upon myself to play through as much of them as possible in order to get ready for 6!
This is the first game SERIES that I'm playing through as much as possible.
It's... I think it's my favorite series.
Then Soul Calibur.

Yup...

I'm going to head out now.

See you all later!

-Nolan

No comments: