Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 74: Dream cars!

Today was eh..

Not good, not bad.
Boring.

Cameron and Brayden came over!
We're sitting around playing various games and such.

Watching a TERRIBLE movie. Born 2 Race.
Terrible movie.. But lots of beautiful cars.
The main character's car is a 2004 Subaru Impreza. I haven't gotten a closer look to see if it's an STI. I don't think it is. No little red logo on the side that says STI.
Ah, I lied. The announcer just announced it as an STI.

Still.. I love Subarus. I joined a /r/Subaru
Fun to look at all the cars I like. I mean, you also get the total tools that have jacked up their car and made it look stupid, but you also get to see the nicer ones.

See, something I never understand.
The battle between Import and Muscle.
I mean really..

The insult 'Rice Burner' really... Doesn't mean much. It's more of a racial slang.

I really don't think it matters, as long as you are a better driver than the other person.
Seriously. It doesn't matter.
*Cough* Imports are better anyway *Cough*.

Nah I don't really care.
I just don't really see the excitement over muscle cars.

Cars can really be tuned into doing what most people wouldn't expect.
Take a look!


That's not necessarily a race you'd expect.
Tuning a Subaru to keep pace with a Lamborghini for a short while?
That's pretty good.

Oh just something else. I'm not talking from experience or anything. This is all speculation and the way I look at this type of thing.

I don't know. I like cars.
In terms of things that either relax me or make me happy..

1. Being around Jessi. She makes me feel fantastic! She kind of is my girlfriend, after all.
2. Driving.

Driving seriously makes me feel so happy. I just love everything about it.
Feeling the engine, the car move.. I love it all.
It helps me relax.

So driving with Jessi makes me the happiest I can be.
We were driving up the Poudre Canyon a few days ago. It was really really awesome. Just driving through the canyon, listening to music, talking.. It was the happiest and most relaxed I've ever been.
So we probably will do that sometimes, considering in the long term, it's fairly cheap.
Gas money, but still fun.
Ah. I can't wait to see her again. Hopefully we can go for a drive.

I hope I can get a job and start saving up for a new car. I really want to get an older Subaru and start working on it. Don't worry. I'm not going to be a complete tool or anything.
My basic plan is to take an older Subaru (not sure on model yet), and replace the older basic pieces with newer ones. Struts, suspension, etc. Stuff that won't necessarily make it faster, but will 'pave the way' so to speak, to putting in new parts.

I eventually want to put in either a 2.2 or 2.5l engine with a turbo kit. The engine size depends on the model I'll get.

My therapist and I were talking about it! The part that I like so much about it is not that I could rev my engine at everyone and pretend I'm cool..
It's that I would have a car that could outrun other cars, but I wouldn't do it all the time. Does that make sense?
Hmm.. Like..
Having a potentially fast car that could probably outrun others, but not having to flaunt it.
It made more sense when we talked about it haha.

Granted, a 2.2 turbo wouldn't be WICKED fast, but it'd be faster than your average car, which is all I care about.
I'd like that. Ah it makes me happy just daydreaming about it.

As far as dream cars go....

In terms of "most realistic" to "least realistic".....
(Prices are more estimated, not precise).

Mazda RX7 (14k):

















2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (25k):
















2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (34k):















Ariel Atom (40k): 














2004 Honda NSX (50k):

















Nissan Skyline R34 GTR (Prices are all over, depending on specific model and where in the world you're getting it from):

















Porsche 911 GT3 RS (190k): 


















Lamborghini Aventador (370k): 










BMW M3 GTR - NOT Street Legal (400k):

















Ferrari Enzo (650k):

















2006 Koenigsegg Agera R (1.6m):















Pagani Zonda R (1.8m) :
























--------------------


Well. I've got cars on the brain tonight / this morning.
I'm off to do other stuff!

Night night.
Good morning?

-Nolan

1 comment:

Erwin Calverley said...

Subarus are pretty cool. In addition to their sleek exterior and interior, they are claimed to be among the most reliable cars to drive around. You’ll surely have a great time crusin’ it around with Jessi. Good luck on your plans in coming up with your customized Subaru. You go, man!

Erwin Calverley