Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I talk about cars. VROOM.


I figured it's about time I talk about something besides my life.
Or video games.

So.
I'll be randomly talking about cars!
My opinions on them, ones I like, ones I dislike, etc.

Just to make it clear, I don't have a big knowledge base on cars.
I mean, I'm still only starting to learn how a turbocharger works, a 2.5 vs a 2.0l car...
That kind of thing.
So don't go commenting and blaming me if I say something that isn't absolutely perfect.

Besides.
This entire blog (for the most part) will be in layman's terms.

Which means everyone will be able to understand it.

In case you didn't know what layman's terms was.

--------------------

So, because I'm a sign shaker, for about 2 - 3 hours, I get to stand around and watch cars drive by.
I normally wasn't really into cars, until I started seeing really nice cars around, and I wanted to know what they were!
So, I basically started doing research on cars, starting basic with what manufacturer they were, then models, then kinda went on from there.
I have a '95 Subaru Legacy wagon...
It's not that nice.
I mean, I like the car.
It's nice, and it runs pretty well, considering it's got about 155k miles on it.

My brother-in-law is a subaru guru, so we're looking at a long term plan of putting in a 2.5l STi shortblock in it. ( I might have written that wrong, but you get the idea. )

That's why most of my opinions are based on my aesthetic impressions of a car.

I'm slowly getting a little more knowledge... But yeah.

--------------------

So.
Cars I like.


  • All Subarus,
  • Most Mitsubishis.
  • Some Mazdas.
  • Some Nissans.
  • Some Chevrolet Corvettes.
  • Some Acuras.
  • Some BMWs.
  • Koenigesggs.
  • Lamborghinis.

I figure for once, I might actually show examples of these.

*BIG NOTE*

This will (for the most part) be my views on these cars AESTHETICALLY.

That means, I'll be talking about cars that I like HOW THEY LOOK.

Not their engine specs or stuff.

However, I might occasionally toss in the 0-62 time.

Because everyone understands that.

This'll be my opinion.

I am in no way, shape or form, saying that I'm right.

That's my disclaimer.

Read on brave viewers.

(all 2 of you)

--------------------

Subarus!


My family likes subarus. And I've kinda been raised to like them too. So I'm slightly biased when it comes to my favorite cars.

But I still like subarus.

Top favorites:

2011 Wrx Impreza STI















I just think it's a pretty car (:
I never really liked the hatchback look on a car.
Until I saw this one.
I like hatchbacks now. They look pretty cool!
Personally, I like the 4 muffler tips version.
When it comes to muffler tips, I like symmetrical designs.
Which is why I think the "melon shooter" muffler tips are absolutely ridiculous.

The 0-62 seems to be maybe 4.8 - 4.9 seconds... Somewhere in that range.
Compared to my car's 0 - 60 in.... 14.2 seconds?
Yeah. I wouldn't mind that.

2000 Subaru 2.5rs















I've always liked the way this car looks!
It's sleek enough that it's looks pretty fast, and I'm particularly a fan of the front.
The lights on the bottom give a fancy look to it.

2006 Subaru Wrx Impreza















This car I'm mostly a fan of because I remember my sister bought one.
Brand new.
I like it. It's nice.
The front is a little weirder than I would like, but I kind of like the small spoiler on the back.
I'm not a fan of spoilers that are more than 5 inches off the back.
Seriously.
You only need a spoiler like that if you're going over 150 mph for extended periods of time.
Even then.
Higher isn't necessarily more efficient.

--------------------

Mitsubishis!


2002 Eclipse gt

















This is a nice car.
I love it.
It's sporty looking, and fairly smooth.
The front is particularly nice.
The headlights are fairly spread apart, which I think is kinda cool.
They're flush with the car, which I like.
The... I don't know... little grille looking things on the front sides are cool.
The spoiler is cool, as it sort of raises up from the back, but it's smooth.
The tail lights are pretty sweet.
The three separate cones are kind of awesome.
Yeah.

1999 3000 gto
















I basically love this car for all the same reasons as the eclipse gt.
They both are sporty, and all around pretty nice.
The spoiler in this picture is a little higher than I would like, but it's awesome.
I've seen a few in Fort Collins, and I kind of like the wider back end.
And, of course, the tail lights look kind of connected.

2007 Lancer Evolution 

















I like this car alot.
It's kinda rally-car looking.
The spoiler is a little high, but it still is nice.
The front is awesome.
I mean, it's hard to really identify what it is, but it's awesome.
The hood in this picture is honestly my favorite part.
The front of the vent is raised up a little, and spread out.
It's cool.
The car has a large windshield that kind of narrows when it gets higher.
The front of the car is nice and curved, and the grille is smooth with the front.
I like the circular-looking front.


--------------------

Mazdas!


1993 Rx-7 Turbo















Again, I've seen a few.
They're very pretty cars.
The front is smooth and, for lack of a better word, long.
It's not a short stubby front, and the front smooths into the windshield, which smooths out into the back, which smooths into the back.
I like the back alot.
Again, I like long tail lights.
Ones that kind of cover the entire back.

2000 Mx-5 Miata














I'm a fan of smooth cars.
This one I basically love because it's a small "zippy" looking car.
Also, my brother-in-law has a supercharged one.
I'm not sure if it's this exact year, but it's awesome.
5 point seat belts.. It was fun as hell to drive with him

*NOTE*

There's lots of mazdas I like, but honestly, lots of them look the same.
But I still love them.
The miata and the rx7 are just my favorites.

--------------------
Nissans!


1995 240sx






















It was pretty hard to find a picture of one of these un-modded.
From the looks of it, it's a good starting platform to mod and all around mess with.
I've seen a couple of these in the CSU parking lot, and I love the way they look.
The back is personally my favorite.
The tail lights are kinda long and stretched out, which I like.

2004 350z















I think everyone likes the 350z.
Well, a large amount of people do.
It's a nice looking car.
The back flows into the front smoothly,
and the front head  lights aren't fighting each other to be seen.
The grille at the bottom is a nice size that doesn't take up the whole front.

Nissan GTR



























Ah yes.
The new car.
It's nice.
I've seen 2 of these in Fort Collins.
They're quite pretty.

The 0 - 62 is somewhere around 2.9 seconds.
....
wtf.
I'd just shit my pants.
That would be terrifying.

Nissan Skyline




























What's NOT to like about this car.
It's beautiful.
Long and slender, low to the ground, sporty looking, beautiful car.
Seriously.
I don't really have much to talk about on this.. but I love it.

*NOTE*

Like mazdas, there's a few more I like.
Altima, Maxima, etc.
They're more practical rather than sporty, but I like the look of them.

--------------------

Chevreolet Corvettes!


1963 Sting Ray Coupe



Obviously, for most of these cars, I wasn't alive when they came out.
But I've seen pictures of them, and I love them.
















As you can see, I love it when one part of the car smoothly transitions to another part.
The back of this car does that quite well.
The front of the windshield is kind of cool because it's pretty sharp and heads down fast.
The windows are fairly small and short, which looks great on this car.

1974 Stingray Coupe


































I loved this car ever since I got a Hot Wheels car of it.
It's awesome.
the back is really short, and the front of the car is long.
The small 2 seats with a diagonal windshield gives it a fancy look.
It's low to the ground, and the wheel wells above the front wheels look nice!

2007 C6 Z06
































A very pretty car.
The 4 round tail lights look awesome.
This is one of the few cars that has a flat back that I actually like.
The back windshield is awesome looking, considering it flows perfectly into the top of the car, and has a kind of angled look to it.
The low top also adds to the low look of the car that I love.
4 exhaust tips looks kind of awesome with this car.
I've seen a couple in Fort Collins, and I got to see someone trying to show off.
He took off from a dead stop and gunned it.
It was cool, but the back fishtailed a little bit.
It was interesting.

--------------------

Acuras!


Honda // Acura Nsx
















I'm not sure which one it is.
My understanding is, the acura nsx and the honda s2000 are the same car, but the acura nsx was released in north america.
That's just my guess.
I'm not sure, so don't quote me on it.

But I love this car.
Long and sleek, really low to the ground.
It's kind of a wide-looking car, which I love.
The rear end has an awesome long tail light section, and the spoiler (at least in this picture) looks awesome.
Nice and low to the car, not too tall.
I like it.

*NOTE*
My descriptions are getting less and less interesting, I know.
I'm still going so this effort wasn't for nothing.
At least you can see the cars I like.

BMWs!


M3 Gtr















Yes, I first saw this car on Need For Speed: Most Wanted.
But I've seen quite a few of them.
And I really like it.
It's one of the few cars that I can stand with a spoiler.
That's rare for me.
I like the way it looks, especially this picture.
I love the exhaust pipes on the sides.
It looks pretty awesome.

Z4 Roadster










This is just an all-around pretty car.
It's smooth.
I like it.
It's a convertible, which is cool, but I don't really care.
It's just a nice looking car.

Koenisgseggs!


Agera R
























Ahhhh.
Pretty car.
What's not to like?
Low to the ground, low spoiler that's nice..
Short car.
Smooth edges.
Very fast.
I love it.

Lamborghinis!


Diablo




The Diablo is a pretty car.
I remember it because it was one of the first cars I could remember what it looked like. 
I remember it from playing the original NFS Hot Pursuit at my friend's house.
It's an awesome car.
Low, smooth, blah blah blah.
Same reasons I like most of my cars.

Reventon



Again...
Very pretty.
I want one.
The back is personally my favorite.
Angled, short.
The back window looks awesome too.
The one exhaust pipe is kinda weird, but I think this car pulls it off.


Murciealago Lp640

It's obvious that the Reventon looks alot like the Murciealago.
But it's still my favorite.
I didn't like the Gallardo because the back was really tall and flat.
I'm not a fan.
But this is personally my favorite Lamborghini.
Very pretty.

--------------------

Yup!
That's my cars.
I love them all.

There are some other cars I like, but these are the most recognizable and my favorites.

Yup!
Sorry if it was boring.

I had fun looking at all these cars.

I'll put a few videos on here too.
If I can figure out how to embed it.

--------------------

Subaru Vs Lamborhini Drag



--------------------



511 Horsepower Subaru STI Short Pull


--------------------

1998 Subaru Impreza Wagon STi Hybrid block (2.5l)


*NOTE*
This is what I'm doing to my car in the long run.

--------------------

Yup!

I'm publishing this blog early.
So I don't have to do one later.

(:

Hope you enjoyed reading it!

--------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. The Listening by Lights
  2. Angel in the Night by Basshunter
  3. Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold
  4. Free by BoysLikeGirls
  5. Home by Sherwood
Top Video Game of the Day

Minecraft

Picture of the Day

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.









No comments: