Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Insert Dramatic Blog Title Here

My day.. Again.
My life is so boring.
I've only just realized that because of this blog.

I mean, I've always known that I didn't do much,
but...
damn.
I'm insanely boring.

Well..
Today.
I woke up, ate some breakfast, and sat down to play some LoL and pretty much just chill on the computer for a while.
I played a game or two, then eased into playing Terraria.
I put on a 2 part documentary called Two Weeks In Hell on netflix to kind of sit in the background while I played.

The end of my post will be my reaction to this documentary, and the rest of my thoughts accompanying it.
I need to get the boring stuff out of the way first.

Ahh let's see..
Basically sat around the entire day playing video games, studying, and listening to music.

OH!
Also...
About 10 dollars of every paycheck I get is actually money for me to spend. The rest of it goes towards my car insurance and my laptop (that I'm paying off).
This paycheck, that 10 dollars went towards 96 fluid ounces of Jones Soda.
I have 16 cans of Strawberry Lime soda and the Pure Cane Cola. They're both delicious.
And right next to my computer desk.

I'll be drinking these things for the next month.

Lastly, I sat down to blog. And also, I plan on getting started on my Christmas present for a certain someone.
It's Lizzi.
Or it's not.
It's a secret.
.

.

.

.

It's for Lizzi. I couldn't keep it a secret.

That's basically my day..
Now, for the aforementioned reaction to the documentary.
It's CRAZY AND INTENSE AND NUTS.
No, not really.
It's just a collection of my observations on this subject.

-----------

For those of you who have never seen Two Weeks In Hell, it's a documentary about the two week assessment that kind of sifts through candidates to join the Green Berets.

It's kind of intense. It made me realize that, no matter what I do, I could never hope to make it through that.

The kind of stuff they do is just plain crazy.
The first three hours of the program eliminated 16 out of 256 candidates.
And it just gets more intense from there on.

 I would really really love to do research on this type of subject from a psychological standpoint. I mean, there's so much that would be interesting.
What draws one to this type of life,
How their brain responds to the stress, physical and psychological,
The way their thought patterns change in response to their experiences, I mean,
EVERYTHING would be interesting!
That's enough of me being all excited.

The next whole section is basically one big soap box.
Be warned.

This is kinda weird to admit, and weird for you to read.
But I've always wanted to feel respected in the way that military personnel are respected.
The good thing is, I already realize that I am not cut out to be in the military. There's alot about me that simply wouldn't fit, and I wouldn't be able to really flourish in that sort of environment.

Because of this, I simply cannot bring myself to say 'Semper Fi' to a marine, because I am.. forgive the phrase: I'm not worthy to say it.
That's my belief.
But hey.

Even if I can't say that, I can certainly blog about them and support them from my own little corner of the internet.

I'm not going to compare the Marine Corps Crucible to the Green Berets Hell Week, because I simply don't have enough knowledge to truly analyze them both.
And I don't really have an opinion on who is more hardcore, who is tougher, who has it worse, who is more powerful.

Please don't hate on me for my honest opinion.

My stance on this type of thing is pretty simple:

Two of my best friends are in the Marine Corps, and one of my closest friends is getting ready to go into the Marines.

You always hear the arguments about who is better between the Air Force, Marine Corps and the Army.

Honestly, I feel more drawn to the Marine Corps because I have friends who are in the Corps.
I don't claim that one is better than the others.

Yes, some training regiments are tougher.
Yes, some groups are more selective than others.
But, in my opinion, they are all part of the same group:

Men and women willingly impacting their own lives in a major way.
Men and women involving themselves in a war, and laying down their lives to defend all of us.
Men and women preparing themselves for a way of life that no one else can even imagine.
All to protect our country and our freedom.

I hate it when I hear people disrespecting our soldiers in any way.
I don't care what political views you hold.
I don't care what your background is.
I don't care what you've seen or heard.

Our soldiers deserve the utmost respect and support that you can give.

Even if you don't support the WAR they're fighting, you should support the ones fighting it for us.

I don't understand the rivalry between the different branches, because I'm not directly involved with any of them.
I'm not saying the rivalry is stupid, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm not saying it's childish. Don't get me wrong.

I just believe that, no matter what branch you're in, you should at least TRY to respect the others.
They entered into the military a different way.
They might not look like you.
They might be more out of shape.
They may have gotten into their branch in a different way than you.
They might have a less strict training regiment than you.

But they still are pledging their lives to a cause.
They are still laying their lives down to protect the ones they love.

Like I said.. I don't have anything against the rivalry between branches.
I mean, I have a better connection to the Marine Corps because some of my closest friends are joining the Corps.
Please don't say I'm stupid because I don't understand your rivalry. I don't. I'm making that clear.
I just want to say that you all deserve respect.

So, here's my stupid little shoutout type section.

Chris Boyer: We never really hang out much. We've known each other for a decent amount of time, but we're really only acquaintances. I mean, we're connected through Timberline and all the friends from there. But I gotta say man.. Talking to you is always a treat. I always love seeing you. You're truly one of the coolest guys I know, and I love seeing how you impact the lives around you. You've always been that super awesome guy that is surrounded by people, and you're always there with a smile and you make me laugh even when you're not around me. I always found you a little intimidating because you were SO MUCH TALLER THAN ME. And you pretty much still are. And wearing a uniform just makes me more terrified you're going to break me in half or something. A little fact right here, I became friends with your mom on Facebook so I could get more news and updates about your life and what's going on. I love seeing her brag about you and remind the world that you're her son. You're truly awesome. I hope we can talk a little more and hopefully get to know each other more.

Michael Weant: Dude. You're.. I don't even know. You're one of my best friends. I mean, we've always been on the opposite sides of the social system simply because you're the awesome popular crazy cool skater kid that always got the chicks, and I... Well, I was me. But you made the effort to actually be friends with me. Which I STILL consider crazy. I mean, I don't usually hang out with the popular people, and I'm not normally friends with someone like that. I always loved chilling with you and talking about music and bands that we've come to love. I still consider you to be the person that introduced me to punk. I mean, you got me into Blink-182, Angels and Airwaves, and Yellowcard. That really opened up windows to my musical tastes. But I digress. You always make me laugh. And hanging out with you, Cooper and Ben still makes me happy. We never really hung out as much as I would have liked, and I hope we can eventually change that. For what it's worth, I'm insanely proud of you man. I brag about you whenever I can, and you're always the first guy I mention when I'm talking about badasses. I hope we can hang out more often.

Cooper Post: GOD. COOPER. UGGGHHHHHHH. Yeah. You probably can hear me saying that and you probably understand exactly what I was trying to convey with that. But now it's time for the awkward bromance words. Seriously man, you are the one of the closest friends I have ever had. And I consider myself lucky to have you in my life. I mean, you're one of the like.... 3 people I have NEVER had a problem with. We've never had a stupid little fight, and we've never stopped being friends or some shit like that. I mean, dude. Seriously. You're one of my best guy friends I've ever had. I could probably knock on your door majorly hungover or something, and you'd let me crash on the couch. At least, I hope you would. You've never judged me, you've never given me shit for anything I've said or done, you've always been there when I needed you. The fact that you're looking to head into the Marines just makes you that much more awesome to me. Hearing you say that I could make it into the Marines if I tried really made my day. You believe in me more than I believe in myself. I really cannot wait to see where you go in the coming years. I have so much more to say, but it's all in inside jokes, and most people probably don't want to read that kinda thing. So yeah. Go back to talking about football. We both know it's SO IMPORTANT.

That's my little soapbox.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way.
That definitely was NOT my goal to this post.
I just wanted to kinda put out my two cents and hopefully make people think a bit.

That's a long-ass blog. Geez.
Hopefully it'll net some more views, as it has interesting points.

Good night all! Get some rest.

Top Five Songs of the Day:

  1. Fucking Perfect by P!nk
  2. Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold
  3. True Love by Angels and Airwaves
  4. Two Years, Six Months by Yellowcard
  5. Balloons by Foals
Video Game of the Day: Terraria

This is my first attempt at humor, so don't judge me.
I think it's funny. 
It made me laugh.
So I'm sharing it with you.
The probably 4 people that actually read this blog.




PUN.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. That's alot of thinking for one post.
I really appreciate the thought you put into it!