Saturday, December 17, 2011

Post Title Here

So.. Hmm.
My day.
Went to sleep around 2ish. Almost fell asleep talking to Lizzi on Skype, which was kinda fun(:
I kept nodding off and she kept reminding me to go to sleep.
Eventually she threatened to just hang up unless I went to sleep. 
So, I went to sleep. 

Woke up about 5 or 5:30. 
Got up at 6. 
Got out of bed at 6:15. 
Showered, ate some cereal, started the car, and sat for 15 minutes, waiting for my car to heat up.
Then, I got in my relatively warm car, and drove off for my last two finals.

--------------------

First up was my PSY100 final. 
It wasn't too bad, actually. It was just kinda annoying.
There were questions that asked two things at once, and I was always sure on one of those things, and the other one was just kinda... eehhhh....
All around, it wasn't too bad. I think I did okay. 
Not sure.
Wasn't terrifying. 

--------------------

My CS110 final was cake.
He had given us 6 practice tests, and he said that the final would be over those tests.
Even better, he just pulled off 30 questions word-for-word off the practice tests!
It was pretty awesome. I think I did pretty well.
More than pretty well. 
Hopefully.

--------------------

I'm not sure what I should talk about next.
Hmm.
I suppose I should talk about Skyrim, then my thoughts on my first semester of college.
Skyrim is more important.

--------------------

So.. Skyrim. Today, I didn't do much. I made another set of daedric armor, but this set will be magic-oriented.
When I started the game, I was going one-handed, destruction, conjuration, and heavy armor.
When I hit level 30ish, I began to switch to a stealth character. 
My stealth is doin' alright. 
Because of that, I've decided to head back to my roots.
Especially now that I can double-enchant stuff. >:D
Eventually, I'll put up my stats on that set of armor.
They're pretty good for now.
For weapon, I went with a daedric mace. They look kinda cool.
It's enchanted with absorb magicka and damage stamina. Hopefully, It'll do alright.
Though it takes up a HUGE portion of my screen, which is annoying. But then again,
I'm playing a 360 on a 1280x1024 monitor.. So.... Yeah.
But anyway. 
I'm looking forward to being a battlemage again.
We'll see how that turns out in the next few weeks.

--------------------

College.
Lots to say.
Alot. 
But I'm going to kinda try to summarize it. 
So you can get the basics.

Lesse... 
I learned how to organize my thoughts, plans, homework, schedule.. 
So pretty much everything.
I've learned that I can now crank out 4 page papers in about 2 hours. Or less, depending on the topic.

I've heard people talk about coming from small schools with small classes. 
"Yeah man I only had like 50 people in my senior class!"
"Pshh! I had about 32!"

......
My senior class was 16 people.
Yeah.
I win. 

I suppose coming from a super-small private school was a big culture shock to me. 
The class size.
Not the fact that it turned secular. That didn't affect me whatsoever. 
But not having a personal connection to every student and teacher was different.

It's not like that was hard for me. It was just a little different.
I don't make friends easily. 
Contrary to what most people think.
I'm very awkward in social situations.
Unless I have one friend. Then I make friends easily.
But if it's just me...
Antisocial. 
Yeah.

This first semester was pretty hard for me.
Lots of other stuff happened and changed. I won't be explaining those.
Suffice to say, things were different, and i found it hard to really adjust quickly.

Not to mention we never covered enough MLA or APA information.. So I learned how to write in MLA and APA pretty fast. Or I would have failed.
But it was easier than I thought.
I just wish I would have gotten a little more background in writing scientific papers.

I liked all my professors. They were actually pretty cool!
Once you got past the scary outer layer.
I almost described them in... Candy terms. Oops.
But seriously.
Once you're willing to just talk to a professor outside of class, they're alot nicer. 
And less intimidating.
Unless you get the scary kinds of teachers.

If you're from Heritage, think of every professor as your first meeting with Mrs. Hahn. 

Most professors will be kind of intimidating the first time you meet them.
But they actually want to help you, but you have to be willing to go the extra mile to prove you want to succeed.

Enough of me sounding like orientation.

That's all I really got on college. 
Not much else to talk about.

--------------------


I really don't know where else to take this blog.

After Skyrim, after my finals, I came home and skyped with lizzi(:
Which, honestly, is always the high point of my day.
No matter how my day has been, seeing her face and hearing her voice just makes everything so much easier.
Pretty much all the songs on my Top Five Songs of the Day are songs she's had me listen to.

Right now, I'm playing the 100,000 dollar pyramid on facebook with lizzi!
She's helping me win.
We keep winning on things that aren't exactly important.
We won on "things associated with birds" but we were terrible at "things associated with relationships."

We do fun stuff on Facebook.
Family Feud, Deal or No Deal, Happy Pets...
We're kinda strange in that way.

--------------------

I also went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes with my sister and dad.
It was epic.
Very epic.
I have more thoughts on that that I'll share another day.
Probably.
Or not.
Eh.

--------------------

Well.. Short blog is short.
Not much happened today.
Kinda boring in comparison to my others.

So...
Well.
I'm on break.
WOOO!
Time to stay up late.
Sorry the blog is also.. the next day...
But still.

Goodnight!
Or good morning.
Either one.

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. How to Love by Lil Wayne
  2. Into Your Arms by The Maine
  3. Post Cards by Amber Pacific
  4. Take Me With You by Secondhand Serenade
  5. Check Yes, Juliet by We The Kings
Video Game of the Day

HAPPY PETS! WOO!

Picture of the Day






No comments: