Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rrrrrrrrrr (shift) rrrrrrrrrr (shift) RRRRRRRRR

So....
I tried to make a kind of review system where I would talk about my video games, and analyze the games, what I like, what I don't like, etc.
I left the post up for a day.
I just started working on the second edition, when I realized....
I don't want to do that.

Honestly, it sounded fun to me.
Until I realized how many games I had, and how little I really felt like talking about.

I also realized that my heart wasn't in it at all.
I love video games.
I do.

But I simply can't be extremely negative about a game.
I don't play games to analyze stories, to point out continuity errors in a video game.
I play them to distract myself.
Sure, I can be negative about very objective aspects of a game, such as graphics, control layouts, lack of customization, that sort of thing.
But I can't just claim a video game is terrible, then support it.

And I have also realized that I... Well..
I don't really want to talk about them that much.
Video games are awesome..

I just don't want to talk about them for a week straight.

--------------------

I just don't really know what exactly I want to talk about.
I'm just trying to distract myself from my own thoughts right now, so I might ramble on about something, I might barely talk.
Not sure where this blog is going.
No clue.

Like I said...
I just want to distract myself.
The more I think, the more I realize.
The more I realize, the more I understand.
The more I understand, the worse I feel.

--------------------

Today wasn't too bad I suppose.
I woke up around 9, and actually drove my ass to the pool around 11ish.
(I've been trying to force myself to go swim to get back into shape and lose all my fat).

I slowly began to realize just how out of shape I really am.
When I was swimming on a swim team in high school, I wasn't really good.
But at that time, I could swim at least 10x better than I do now.

I did a few different exercises and drills, but they disappointed me.

First off, I swam about 300 just to kind of warm up, get used to the water, and get my muscles moving a little bit.
Then I swam a few different drills:

1. (50 yards freestyle every 1.5 minutes) x 4
2. (50 yards breaststroke every 1.5 minutes) x 4
3. (25 yards kicking every 45 seconds) x 4
4. (50 yards kicking every 1.5 minutes) x 4
5. About 300 cooldown.

I used to be able to swim nonstop.
I really was disappointed in myself and how far I've fallen.

I mean, I haven't been swimming for about 4 years, but that's no excuse.

I've been doing boxing drills, lifting free weights, stretching...

It bothers me that I haven't been able to keep myself in shape.

--------------------

I understand that you can't just get in shape in a few days.
I know it takes time to build up to where I used to be, but I'm frustrated that I don't seem to be getting any more in shape than I was.

I get down on myself pretty easily.
In case you haven't noticed.

But that's not what I want to talk about.
I'm trying to avoid thinking.
Not what I'm in the mood for.

--------------------

SO yeah!
Basically I came home from swimming, sat down, played some video games, then headed to work.

Work was interesting. It was cold, and it started snowing about the second hour.
At least this time I wore those gloves // mittens.
My fingers were warm this time.

And I wore a fancy scarf to keep my neck warm.

It wasn't too bad.
I went home and sat down to play some video games.

I didn't really play much.
I basically just played Grid.
For a few hours.
Then got on Skype with Lizzi (:

--------------------

Grid has quickly become one of my favorite racing games.
It's not really realistic..
In some ways it kind of is, but it's just a really fun game.

It has a lot of different modes that I love, and only recently I've started driving manual in racing games.

It makes it more interesting, and it kind of is easier.
You have more control over your car, and you can really handle the courses differently.

I recently unlocked the final tier of the Japan license..
The highest tier races are pretty fun.
I bought a Nissan Sylvia to finish off the drift championship, which worked well.
The car is pretty epic.

The next race set was a sort of urban environment set.
I got to drive a high tier supercar. Forgot which one.
It was entertaining though.

The last championship that I'm actually working on is the Protoype tour.
The car I chose was the Mazda 787B Le Mans car.
It's really entertaining.
I like driving in the first-person view.
It's more satisfying to see your hand changing the gears, and watching the RPM climb when you shift.
It's more fun that way.
And a little more challenging.

--------------------

After playing some Grid, I got on Skype with Lizzi!
Which I had been looking forward to all day!
We just kinda sat around and talked about how our day had been going, and if we had any plans.

She posted this really touching video.
If you have the time, I would definitely recommend watching it.

I really.. really.. can't even begin to describe how proud of her I am.
Posting something like this takes alot of guts..
It's truly amazing.

Putting out her soul and her feelings for the world to see took alot of courage.
Courage I wish I had.

I'm proud beyond compare to call her my friend.
She means the world to me, and I'm so so proud of her.
(:

--------------------

After Skyping,
I headed to my friend's house for a surprise birthday party for another one of my friends.
It was pretty fun!
I got to see a few friends that I haven't seen in a while.

--------------------

That's basically my day.
Not much happened.

I'm on Skype with Lizzi right now,
which is really cheering me up!

Talking with her really allows me to kind of block out the rest of the world.
It gives me time to just focus on someone amazing..
Someone that helps me feel better about myself.

--------------------

Yeah...
That's my day.
I don't have much to discuss today..

Yeah.
Goodnight.

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Distraction by Angels and Airwaves
  2. The One That Got Away by Katy Perry
  3. Promise by Matchbook Romance
  4. Best of Me by The Starting Line
  5. Over And Out by Alkaline Trio
Video Game of the Day

Grid. Again.

Picture of the Day










1 comment:

Lizzi said...

I love the picture at the end of tonight's blog. But I do wonder what you're trying to distract yourself to avoid. Like, anything I'd be able to help with? (: I'm here if you need me. I love how you also commented on how you didn't want to talk about video games, and then changed your second half of your blog to be about Grid.
Goodnight nolan