Thursday, December 15, 2011

Skyrim. Finals. RANT ABOUT STUFF.

Hmm.. Today was pretty laid-back. Not much happened. Even in the video game world!
Today, i basically woke up,
went to class for my CO150 final,
came back,
studied,
skyped with lizzi,
and now i just finished studying the last bit.


--------------------


All I really did in Skyrim today was...
I bought the house in Hjerim. Upgraded it. Moved EVERYTHING from my house in Morthal.
Took a long time.
Until I found out Lydia can carry upwards of 1500 pounds.
o.o
She helped me move.
Then I crafted a set of legendary Dragonscale armor. Cause I didn't have any.
I intend on making another set for a follower. When I get the one that can sit in Hjerim.
Then I leveled my speech to 100.
Useful stuff.

--------------------

Let's see... My CO150 final was pretty damn easy. I had a final paper that was due, then another paper, and a 5 minute presentation based off of the first final paper. It was easy. I went with the topic I used on my senior thesis: Does violent or negative music create violent or negative behavior?
Sometime I'll blog about just that. It's a book in and of itself. I would love to talk about it another time. But I already have a plan for this blog.
Kinda.
Okay not really.

--------------------

Studied... Studied for my PSY100 final. It's not going to be bad. It's not cumulative which is AWWWEESOMMEEE.
But it's the last test we have so it covered about 9 chapters. Kinda annoying. Considering I barely read the book.
So I crammed it all. But that's okay. I'll do okay on it. Hopefully.
I just sat down to write this blog when I realized I also have to study for my CS110 final. Which is cumulative. But it's all lecture notes that I've read over a lot. And I already did well on the study tests. I'll just review that as I'm falling asleep.
You're more likely to retain information that you learn in the 15 minutes before you go to sleep. This doesn't mean cramming is effective. Cramming cancels it out.
But if it's little bits of info.. It's useful. Yup.
Now for the body of my blog.

I think it's just me ranting a bit.
Finally.
'Bout time I ranted on a blog. I mean, come on.
It's a blog.

--------------------

I don't really have an idea where I'm going to go with this. All I knew was that I wanted to rant a bit.
I'm basically just laying here with the laptop on my lap. With my head leaned back and eyes closed.
I'm just gonna talk about whatever comes to my head, I guess.

--------------------

I'm not normally an angry person. Most people haven't really seen me angry. For the most part. I've been frustrated alot, and I get irritated quickly, but you really have to do something bad to even get me irritated. If that makes sense.
Kinda.
It doesn't really.
But oh well.

Only one person has accurately figured out what makes me angry. And if you're reading this blog, you know who you are.

Ignorance.
I'm not talking the kind of ignorant in the knowledge sense.
I don't care if you don't know the capital of Syria.
Or the flight velocity of an unladen swallow.
African, not European.

No, that doesn't bug me. Not everyone learns at the same rate, which I definitely can understand.

The ignorance that bothers me is.. Hmm. I really don't know how to describe it.
I'll just kinda name off a few situations that set me off, and maybe expand on them.

--------------------

One thing that makes me angry is self-righteous people.
That's probably the most obnoxious person, in my personal opinion.
Self righteous people are just..
I mean, you hear the words "self-righteous" and you instantly will find that person in your mind.
This kind of makes me wonder if the definition of self-righteous is subjective to the people who are defining it. Huh. I kinda think it is. But again, that's just MY opinion.

People who think they're God's gift to mankind piss me off.
People who are so sure that they're allowed to judge everyone else piss me off.
I used to judge people alot more. I will be honest about this. I used to judge people easily.
But in recent years, some personal shit has happened, and there's lots of stories I could tell that opened my eyes to being less judgmental.
Because of this, I try my best to keep an open mind. Not so open that anyone can change it, but open in the sense that I can accept people though my initial observation of them may mark them as someone I wouldn't get along with.

As a simple example, take gay people.
I mean, I never was really against gays. I just judged them. I didn't hate them, I didn't promote them.
But I judged them. I gave off the vibe that they were bad people.
Because that was the "good Christian thing to do".
"Love the sinner, hate the sin."
Not many people follow that, though they preach it.
That pisses me off.
You can't claim to follow that mentality, you can't write it on posters unless you truly believe it.

This video really touched me. It just drove home my views that gay people deserve the same treatment as other people. Honestly.
I'm NOT going to go into the whole debate about homosexuality and what I think about it.
That, like I've said, is a blog for another time. When I feel that I should talk about it, I will.

I'm standing on my little soapbox right now. Sorry. Hopefully I'll fall off in a sec.
But I have to say.

I'm not perfect.
I don't claim to be perfect.
I'm not saying I have all the answers.
I'm not saying I'm right all the time.
I'm not claiming I'm better than anyone else.
It really sounds like I'm preaching down to others. I understand that.
But it's hard for me to express how I feel without accidentally sounding that way.
It's not my place to say that other people are just plain evil for judging.

I understand that not everyone has been through the things I've been through, I understand that others have it alot worse off than me.
I'm just trying to convey what bothers me, why it bothers me, and hopefully, give you guys a little bit to think about.

I'm not going to say that whole "Before you judge someone else, think about what I just told you!!!"
Not many people
1. read this blog,
2. care about my opinion,
3. respect my opinion enough to change the way they think,
4. intend to even think about this post again.

--------------------

Also, people that disrespect women.
Yes, I'm a guy.
Yes, sometimes I mess up and say something disrespectful.
But it's never on purpose, and it's not a part of who I am.
I mean, not acknowledging a woman's boundaries is just plain.. stupid. Seriously.
And, honestly, when a girl calls another girl a whore, or a slut, it bothers me.
(Unless they're friends, and they choose to greet each other as such. Which I will never understand).
But if a GUY calls a girl a whore... Not okay.
I knocked a guy flat on his ass because he called a friend a slut. And other stuff that I don't feel like saying.
You don't do that. Not okay. Not around me.

I mean, it pisses me off when a guy refuses to hold open a door for another person, let alone a girl.
I don't care if she isn't carrying anything. I don't care if she's carrying 3 boxes.
She'a girl.
She's someone's daughter.
She deserves common courtesy AT LEAST.
Guys.
They're girls.
They deserve better treatment than you give your little tool friends.

I think it'd be interesting to have some females walk around in a wedding dress for the day and see how different they're treated.
Random thought.
That would be interesting to me.
Hmm.

I'm not saying all this to sound cute, I'm not saying this to appeal to women, I'm just stating what I think.

--------------------

Another thing that kinda pisses me off is someone who is SO SURE that their opinion is right, they won't listen to reason.
I mean, I've seen lots of people like that. I'm gonna give a little example. One that really pissed me off recently.

Basically, this person, made a Facebook status claiming that Nicki Minaj was the worst rapper ever, had no talent, was too simple, and rapped about the life of a hoe, rather than rapping about life.
It bothered me. Alot.
Seriously.
If he had put IN MY OPINION in front of the status, I would have been fine with it. I have no problem in expressing an opinion, as long as you make it clear that it's just an opinion.
The fact that he was blatantly deciding for himself and everyone else that Nicki Minaj had no talent, etc, really was just annoying to me.
There was some quote from her that ran along the lines of "If a man raps and gets what he wants, he's a player. If a woman raps and gets what she wants, she's a bitch."
I heard that from Lizzi ^_^

Let me make this clear first.
I used to have that sort of opinion about country and rap, but I quickly realized that people will regard an artist as talented if they appreciate the music itself.
That seems obvious, but sometimes it isn't. I used to claim that rap took no talent, and that country singers couldn't sing.

After listening to some of it, I began to realize that they are REALLY talented. It was just individual things that bugged me.
Like the country singer's accent. Still annoys me. But like I said; I love the steel guitar sound, and I appreciate the music and talent of the singer, but the singer just doesn't cut it for me.
With rap, I just didn't get the whole "talking to the simple beat of the background drums".
It isn't until recently that I started liking rap.
Granted, I'm pretty uninformed in the rap genre. I'm just stuck on Lil' Wayne. Cause he's awesome.

So, now, if I ever make a claim about music that I don't particularly like, I will make it clear that it's my own opinion, and it is in no way, shape or form the CORRECT view that EVERYONE should have because I'M SO RIGHT ALL THE TIME.

Yeah. That kind of thing sets me off.
I mean, I like Nicki Minaj simply because I love the song Super Bass, because I saw this drum cover that I absolutely loved. Because of that drummer, I've started listening to more mainstream music now.
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

But I still maintain that I can like hipster-esque bands like Visqueen and The Dodos. Or Foals. They're kinda less-known. But anyway.

--------------------

That's basically my opinion on a few things.
People don't hang around me long enough to really hear my opinions and ideas.
Unless you're Cooper. Or Lizzi. Or Cameron.
They've probably heard me rant more times than they can count.

I don't normally talk about any of this.
But I suppose blogging gives me the freedom to rant without worrying if you'll walk away in the middle of my sentence.
If you did, SHAME ON YOU.

Each of those little sections in my rant I could turn into a full blog. Which I might do one of these days.
So don't tell everyone these are my only thoughts on the topics.
Cause those barely scratched the surface.

But yeah!
That was me ranting!


If you can't take the heat,
Get out of the microwave. Seriously.
How'd you even get in there?
You should see a doctor about those burns.



--------------------


Not bad for popping my medication about an hour ago.
I never realized I would actually write interesting things on my blog.
Hmph.
Weird.
If my thoughts were unorganized, I'm sorry.
I'm kinda loopy and sleepy.
I need to be up at 5 for my PSY100 final tomorrow morning.
Uggghh...

Good night world! Get some rest.
And seriously....
Get those burns looked at.

--------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Hate Me by Blue October
  2. Super Bass by Nicki Minaj
  3. We Found Love by Rihanna
  4. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
  5. We Be Steady Mobbin' by Lil Wayne
Video Game of the Day

Skyrim. Woot.

Picture of the Day











No comments: