Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1/7- The nun disapproved of me!

Well, I have crossed something off my bucket list!

Be given a disapproving glance from a nun!

So I had jury duty today.

It was as exciting as I had hoped!
I woke up, drove to the courthouse, sat around until they called us in, then played a very educational and life-changing video about the court system.

I saw Kelsey Bryant there, and we went to the same court room!
She's one of my friends from Heritage, she was one year ahead of me.
Or two?
I don't remember.

But anyway.

It was a case about a guy who had been pulled over while driving high.
I was one of the 12 they picked, and I sat next to a woman who was about 90, and another one who was a nun.

They asked if anyone had any strong feelings about weed.
I, being the crazy individual I am, offered the thought that weed was not a horrible drug that would kill you or make you smoke meth.
I said that medicinal marijuana has its place in society, I said that I believe that legally obtaining marijuana from a government-approved source and being used in a safe environment was something that I agree with.

I was immediately glared at by a few people.
I was basically in court with a bunch of adults.
After I said that, some of them made very clear that weed was actually a drug that has killed people, and overdosing on marijuana has been a very dangerous problem in society.

So I was dismissed.
But I was definitely okay with that.
I didn't want to spend a few hours for two days debating if a guy had smoked a bowl before driving his car.

Headed home, then sat around lazy for a bit.
Took a decent nap, and yet again.. Those dreams.
Again with the danger,
Again with the friends,
And again with the princess.

It's really starting to get to me.
I don't know why.
I just.. I don't know.
It's really hard to explain. The deeper the level of how you know me, the easier it will be to figure out why.
Even I don't really know. It's just the kind of thing I dream about, I suppose.

Anyway.

Then I went down to Old Town and picked up an application for Avogadro's Number. It's a little coffee shop joint thing.
It's nice and small.

A few days ago when I was driving home from... I don't remember.
Somewhere.
It was about 3 in the morning, and there was a guy walking down Prospect with his thumb out.
Now, I drove down the road a while before turning around to give him a ride.
I didn't really make any stupid mistakes.
I moved my valuables to the back and covered them with a blanket, I made sure that there were people that could see him get in the car, and I drove him about 100 feet, and dropped him off at a brightly lit intersection, then took the long way home and made sure no one was following me or anything.

But he said to drop by Avogadro's sometime for some free food.
He has work on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to drop by with the application and have him put in a good word for me.
I'd love to work in a small coffee shop with live music.
I'd adore it.

I also put in an application to Home Depot where my dad works, so he could put in a good word as well.
I'm not excited about working there, but I won't turn it down if I get it.
Hopefully it'll be temporary, because I really don't want to work in such a huge building with so many different things to work with.
I'm not lazy.

I just prefer a small environment so I can actually know people.

Ben and Ian came over about 8!
They left about 15 minutes ago.
We spent the night playing a bunch of games.

Oh! In my World Lit class, I met a girl named Belle, and we've talked a few times.
But she picked up playing League, so she and I played a few games, then Ian joined too.
It was fun!
She's getting pretty good.

Then Ian, Ben and I all played Company of Heroes.
It's a WWII RTS game, and we're learning how to play.
We played 3 games, each one about an hour and a half or so.
We've messed around and figured out the different roles we like.
Ben took the American Infantry Commander, specializing in Rangers, Snipers, etc etc.
Ian went British Engineer, making things like high quality tanks and Howitzers.

I tried a couple things.
I went American Airforce Commander the first time, which was alright. Recon, combined with air strikes and bombing runs, combined with Ian's Howitzers and Ben's air strikes were fun fun fun.
But the second time, I chose American Armor Division, specializing in tanks.
SO MANY EXPLOSIONS.

Basically I spammed tanks with about 50% the original production time, and then had abilities to heal them mid-battle, and replace destroyed tanks for free.

Yeah, we stomped pretty hard. I got about 10 or 11 tanks, with no infantry to speak of.
But Ian and I swept the entire right hand side of the map, capturing maybe 5 points, then destroying all 3 enemy HQ's.

Hmm.

That's it..
I'm going to go to sleep.
I'm feeling... Alright I guess.

I'm happy with some stuff, I'm unhappy with some stuff.
But that's life.

Ooh! A new season of Face Off is on SyFy channel soon.

Ah, memories of that show.
Quite a few ones.

Ugh.

And suddenly, feels!
That's definitely time for some sleep.
But first, Youtube Videos!

Good night everyone.
Or good morning, if you're into that.

-Nolan


I adore this song. Gives me feels, but such a good song.


This video has successfully made me cry. Which Titanic, Because of Winn Dixie, and E.T. had never done.




And here's something to laugh at to counter the unhappy's brought on by the previous video.



No comments: