Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 42: Cars, Blu-Ray, Knowing that feel, bro.

Today was.. Not really eventful, but stuff happened.
If that makes any sense.

Well, time to explain the title.

1. Cars.

So in case you haven't noticed, I've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 quite a bit.
Recently, I've been reflecting on how my tastes have changed. Music, movies, games, friends, etc.
Especially in music and video games.

I think almost... Under a year ago, I only played arcade-y racing games. Need For Speed, Burnout, Shift, etc.
If I tried a demo for a racing game that actually required you to use the brakes, I shot it down and didn't even try it.
I guess my taste has changed because of GRID. It's an arcade-y racing game, but it has realistic elements to it. It kind of bridged the gap between my arcade-style tastes and the world of racing simulators.

But anyway.
So yeah. I'm addicted to realistic racing games. Need For Speed: Shift, Need For Speed: Pro Street, Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo... I like them more.
I think it's interesting that Forza brings out a little personality I didn't know I had.

So this is cheesy, because it's a video game. So don't judge me on this. But.. It allows me to be creative.
Not just in visual terms. But.. I mean.
Ugh.

So there are different classes in cars, right? F, E, D, C, B, A, S, R3, R2, R1?
(At least that's how most video games classify them).

Again, don't judge. But there are tournaments that limit you to a car class.
Today, I tried a few that required you to stay in the Performance Index that contains the E class.
But it gives you the option of upgrading and customizing the car in every performance aspect.
Engine block, pistons, intake manifold, exhaust, turbo kit, tires, brakes, springs, weight reduction, spring dampeners, roll cage, brake differentials, engine headers, compression... Everything. (Not ABSOLUTELY everything possible, but quite a bit).

So I took some E class cars, judged the tournament environment and track structure, and customized them for the races. More uphill races meant weight reduction and more horsepower. Flat races meant more ride stability and a focus on acceleration. I mean.. I got into it. I even tuned the aspects I could while keeping the car an E class.
I know that this is just a video game, but the idea of taking a cheaper car and customizing it into something better really REALLY intrigues me. I want to work on cars. I'd rather spend the effort, actually putting in blood, sweat, and tears into installing and testing parts in a car.
I really want to do that.

That's me talking about a bunch of 0's and 1's, and how excited I am about them.

2. Blu-Ray.

So I asked my dad to get some movies in Blu-Ray because my laptop can play them!
Well it got more complicated. First I installed new codecs, but they didn't work.
Then I tried a program, but I had to create a new dynamic AACS library for it to work. That kind of worked, then I needed to open a new port for the Blu-Ray player to go online and access MRL files specific for the movie, which I DID, but it didn't work. So I went through program after program, forum after forum, trying to get it working.
Eventually, I *ahem* obtained a program to run Blu-Ray discs, which worked!
So we watched the new Sherlock Holmes and John Carter on our HD tv.
It was HD, but it really was only obvious in the brighter scenes. But still. It was in HD.
It was pretty.

3. Knowing that feel, bro.

My emotions are CRAZY all the time. You know?
Yes, you do. Because you're a human being.
I'm assuming you are at least. If you're not, why the hell are you spending the time on a teenager's blog?
Unless you're trying to better understand our race so you can masquerade as a teenager and work your way into our government to create a nuclear war, destroy the world, and take all our Twinky's for yourself!

I'm watching you.

Anyway.
Uh.. Right.


















I've had a lot on my mind lately, and I suppose I'm still working through it all. But I AM working through it. 
That's the key. Slow and steady wins the race. Unless it's a quickdraw situation. Then you probably want to have your gun out before the other person has theirs out.

I'm tired. I had to google "their's vs theirs".
Wtf brain? Seriously. Get your head on straight.


ANYWAY. Yeah. I'm working through a lot. But... Well, I have the best support I could have.
Friends.
And.. Well, my girlfriend kinda helps. You know. A little.
Jessi kind of helps a lot. Just... Just a bit. Un poquito.

I could go on for pages and pages of the things I'm working through, but needless to say, it doesn't all belong on a blog for the world to see.
I think I've mentioned this before, but the phrase "needless to say" doesn't make sense, considering it's usually followed by the phrase that is supposedly "needless to say".
Yeah.

So I'm working through a lot, but I have the best support I could ever ask for.
Jessi really supports me in every way, and I don't think I could ask for a better friend, and girlfriend wrapped into one.

So thanks Jessi, for everything ( :
I ordered the first half of your birthday present!

I'm off to play some Forza then head to sleep.

Good night world! I shall contact you later.
Also, I'm still sick.
It sucks. Achy and crappy. But hopefully it'll go away soon.

-Nolan

*NOTE*
I have 241 GIFs, and I think I need some more. Time to visit the GIF section of Memebase and load up!
*/NOTE*






No comments: