Thursday, January 12, 2012

K.O. - Also, I talk about friends.

Well...
Let's see...

Yesterday, I had a few guys over to just game for the night.
It was great!

My friend Geoff gave me a belated Christmas present of 25$ to Best Buy.

So, I promptly drove there with Geoff and Dane to find out what I wanted to buy.
Saving money is for chumps.

When we got there, I was deciding between Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Devil May Cry 4, and Dante's Inferno.

So I did the logical thing.

Bought Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

We proceeded to play it for a good 5 hours.

It's supposed to take a decent amount of time to unlock all the characters.
We played it so much that we got them pretty fast.

I've mentioned before that I'm a major fan of fast-paced fighting games.

I was afraid that it was going to be slow like Street Fighter IV.

I was not disappointed.
It's as fast as Blaz Blue.
But with 3D graphics.

Just as pretty.
It doesn't have ink splats like Street Fighter IV, but it's still stylized.

I've decided on 4 characters to learn.
Chris Redfield,
Dante,
Akuma,
and Deadpool.

The game is amazing.
Eventually I'll discuss the game itself.
For now I just wanted to mention that I have it.

Now for a different part of my blog.
I was thinking about it earlier today.

-------------------------

Disclaimer:

I'm happy right now
I'm in a fantastic mood (:
I'm on Skype with Lizzi, and I honestly could not feel happier.

Disclaimer 2:

This isn't a rant.
I am in no way angry at the subject of this part of the blog.
I was just listening to some music and I thought of it.

I'm going to just kinda give my opinion on this.

So...

Uh.. I have no idea on how to approach this.

I'm just gonna go for it.

It bothers me when someone claims that you're important to them, then they end up deciding that you actually aren't.

I realize that no matter how I word this, I'm going to sound passive-aggressive, which is not my actual mood at all.

Basically, I had a friend for a year or so that repeatedly told me that I was important to them, that they would always be there for me, that they cared for me.

However, they never really... sounded like they cared.
They'd listen to me talk, they'd ask me what was wrong, but they never really.... took an interest I guess?
They'd listen, but not in the right way.. If that makes sense.

When you want to talk to someone when something is wrong, there are people who will listen.. And people who will LISTEN.
They just heard me talk, rather than listening.

Then it all kind of collapsed in one night.

We were talking, they were obviously frustrated with someone (most likely me), and I remember this exactly.

I said "I just feel like my heart is breaking.. It hurts physically.. I'm not sure what I'm feeling."

They said, "Nolan, shut up. Stop complaining. I'm not your f*cking therapist. I don't want to hear EVERY single thing that's wrong."

After that, they removed me and blocked me from their Facebook, and proceeded to talk with all my OTHER friends as if nothing had happened.

That definitely influenced the way I talk to people.
I decided to never explain my real thoughts to anyone.

In hindsight, they probably weren't my friend at all.
That sounds SO brutal, but now that I think of it, it seems obvious.

I was thinking about that today when I was listening to The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch.
The basic premise of the song is that "I'm better off without you."
I've never actually felt that way about someone.. until now.

Someone who will claim that you're important but refuse to actually listen to you talk probably isn't a very good confidant.

Since then, I've grown alot more... Closed up I guess?

I now have about....

1...
2...
3...
4..

maybe 5 close friends at max.

About 2 or 3 of them I actually will confide in.

I think that there are different levels of friends.

1. Friends you hang out with just to hang out and chill around.
2. Friends you've had for a long time that you can't imagine being without.
3. Friends that are just barely acquaintances, but still fun to be around.
4. Friends you love dearly and you care about.
5. Friends that you can tell ANYTHING to.
6. Friends that you ACTUALLY tell ANYTHING to.
7. Friends you can call if something is wrong, and they'll listen.
8. Friends that know ALOT about you, but know that you don't want to talk about your past.

And my personal favorites...

9. A friend you can call, drunk, tripping, high, tipsy, on cocaine, or anything, and they'll pick you up and not even judge you.

I have one friend like this.. You know who you are.

10. A friend you can call and claim their couch for the night. Someone you can just crash at their house, no questions asked.

I have great friends.

Lots of great friends.

I have tons of friends that I love that I can just hang out with .

It's great having friends like that.

I have only a couple friends that I actually tell things to.

It's nothing against the other friends, but I just don't feel that they should know more about me.

-------------------------


I feel like I should be talking about this even more...

Not sure.

I love my friends.
All of them.

There's just a difference between friend types.

If you don't intend on being someone's friend for life, don't go promising that you'll always be there for them.

Also, if you claim that you're going to be there to listen to someone, you can't just hear them talk.
That's hearing.
Not listening.
(I learned something in college!)

Yes, there are people that literally just need someone to hear them talk.
But a majority of people want someone to listen to their problems, listen to what makes them upset.

I have no idea how to end this.
Seriously.

Drawing a blank here.

I guess I kind of already gave my opinion.

There are different types of friends.

Some friends are closer than others.

Listening to someone is different than simply hearing someone.

Yeah..

There's the basic outline of that post.

Yup.

Done.


I have no more ideas on what to talk about.

*TO REITERATE*

I wasn't angry. At all.
Didn't mean for it to sound angry ):

Back to Skype with Lizzi (:

-------------------------

Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Raise Your Glass by P!nk
  2. Massive Attack by Nicki Minaj
  3. Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars
  4. Baby Girl by Sugarland
  5. The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch
Video Game of the Day

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds



Youtube Video of the Day




Picture of the Day

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA















No comments: