Thursday, January 19, 2012

WHAPPAAAAA

WHAAAAPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah.
I have no idea what to talk about.
I just thought that WHAAAAPPPPAAAAAA sounded cool.

--------------------

Today went smoother than yesterday.
Got to all my classes on time, in the correct rooms, and I liked them all!

I started with Sociology 100.
I don't remember what I thought of it.
I know I didn't hate it!

Then I had Child Psychology.
It's going to be interesting!
I'm kind of looking forward to it.
The professor I like is going to be teaching the second half of the course.

Then I have Philosophy 110. Logic and Critical Thinking.
I love my professor.

--------------------

He walked into class wearing a nice pair of pants and shoes, and a nice looking button-up shirt that was untucked. With a rasta-looking overcoat and a head of dreadlocks that fell down to his shoulders with some piled and tied up on top.
He's awesome.

He sounds like he smoked a bunch of weed.
NOT in a negative way.
He just sounds SOOOOO relaxed and kind of 'out there'.
I think I counted.. He said 'chill' about 16 times and 'cool' around 30ish.

He described his class as a time when "We're all gonna show up and hang out for a while.. Kinda chill out and read some arguments, learn to dissect arguments.. Chill out.. Analyze arguments and logical claims.. Should be pretty fun."

I think a few people were laughing like they were making fun of him..
But oh my god he's a NICE guy!
He made an effort to actually talk to the students when we were introducing ourselves. (There's maybe 20 of us).

He's really laid-back, but I can tell he's intelligent. He's a philosopher (How does one know when they have become a philosopher?).

But he's nice. I'm really excited for his class.

--------------------

Then I have Life 102.. Basically a biology-type class.
EWWW.
I'm NOT a science person. At all.
Whatsoever.
Nope.
Chuck Testa.

I am NOT a science person.
But I figured out a few things last semester..
It's great when you can find the lecture slides online!
But it's BETTER to take notes on them anyway.
You remember information that you've written down or recorded.
So I'm going to take notes.
Even though I won't want to.
It'll help.

AND.
I found that my friend Brittany has the same class at the same time!


--------------------


She was one of the reasons I passed a couple of my classes.
I don't make friends easily. At least in public settings.
I met her at my orientation, and we had a couple classes together, and she was able to send me notes when I was gone for numerous occasions.
And I made fun of her for having a mac.
And she made fun of me for playing video games during class.
ONLY SOMETIMES.

Not all the time.

But yeah. Found her, so now I won't feel TOO alone in that class full of 250+ people.

--------------------

Yup! Those are my classes!

Now onto bigger and better things!

Not so much actually.


--------------------


OMG.
SO.
Dane showed me a thing called DOSBox which emulates DOS for older-type games.
(Keep in mind, 'old' at this point means before 1995, when games used DOS to run).

I remember games like Tie Fighter, Terminal Velocity, Wacky Wheels..
And that's really it.
So I picked up some DOS games that I never would have been allowed to play!
DOOM, Blood, Elder Scrolls: Arena.. Etc.

It's awesome.
Fun.
Amazing.
Yup.

Get it.

--------------------

I decided to play Super Street Fighter IV again today.
It went distinctly better than yesterday.
I actually sat down and watched about 20 pro matches featuring the best Akuma players that I could find.
Infiltration, Tokido, Chris Hu (who mainly played Oni but still).
It was AWESOME.
I FINALLY understand how to play Akuma somewhat competently.
He's not built for crazy long combos.
He has the second least amount of health in the game, so he uses short 3 - 4 hit combos, then harasses with single hits. Also, using Gadouken to harass is fun.
You mostly use your bars for EX attacks when you have the opening.
I'll be playing that again. It's fun once you understand the basics.


--------------------


I also sat down and cranked out another 5 creatures for Geoff to design.
We did a little troubleshooting and brainstorming to kind of clear up a few areas that needed it.

I'm going to take a break from creatures for a few days and start thinking of environments and actual characters.

I'm working on my main character, Gael Reed, right now.
I have an image of how I want him to look, I just gotta nail down some specifics like clothing, armor, pistol, and knife.
That's mainly what I'm thinking of.
Gotta analyze his combat style and think of ways he'd react to certain conflicts and such.

Yup.

I'm on Skype with Lizzi (:
AND.

Since I don't have class until 2 in the afternoon on Thursdays, I can stay up late with her (:
Woo!

Aaaaand she went to sleep. Oh well!
I'm going to sleep too then (:

Good night!


--------------------


Top Five Songs of the Day

  1. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
  2. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
  3. Dream On by Aerosmith
  4. The River by Good Charlotte ft. M. Shadows and Synester Gates
  5. Binded In Chains by Avenged Sevenfold
Video Game of the Day
DOOM. The original. 





Youtube Video of the Day

OH GOD. MY EYES.

Picture(s) of the Day








No comments: