Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2/26- Awkward speech, donuts, dreamworks!

Well, today was an adventure.

Let's start with Speech class.
I had a speech about the Hennessey Venom GT that I was going to give.
Well, I still gave it.
But.. Wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.
I was really, really prepared.
I had the timing down and everything.

I started a new medication a while back, stuff to help me wake up, get me a little more motivated, and all-around to just help with that depression.
It works fairly well.
There's a side effect that I knew of, but didn't know how bad it was.
Occasionally, my jaw.. Locks up.
I'm in the middle of a word, a sentence, phrase, anything.
But my throat just stops letting me talk.
It's really frustrating.
It happen quite a few times during my speech, and it was horrible, compared to how it sounded when I practiced.
It was a bad start to my day.

In Environmental Psychology, we had a guest that completely flew over my head.
He gave a lecture on Global Warming for about an hour.
It was so.. Confusing.
He used so many big terms and assumed that we knew stuff that I didn't even know about.
I tried to pay attention.
But he flipped through graphs, charts, terms, he flew through his presentation very quickly.
I barely got the idea of what he was saying!
I hated it.

After class, I went home and played some Call of Duty for a bit.
Taylor had work at 6 this morning until 12:30, so by the time I was home, she had been asleep for a while.
However, I didn't text her until she texted me. I didn't want to wake her up!

We went off to Ross to do some clothes shopping.
I didn't find anything, but she found some shirts and a new pair of shoes!

After Ross, we visited the mall, but didn't find anything there either.
So we went back to her place where we dropped off her clothes, and got to our house!
We watched El Dorado, a Dreamworks movie that I had never seen before.
It was a pretty awesome movie! But I had to point out a couple historical inaccuracies that were there.
At least, I think they were. Not sure.
But anyway.

I dropped her off about an hour ago.
It was about 1 when she went home.
Both of us thought it was about 11.
So we were a little off.

I'm listening to some Mt. Eden and reading over History notes.
I'm sleepy!

So good night folks,

-Nolan

No comments: