Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2/4- Yesterday was an adventure day!

Oopsies. Didn't write my blog at the normal time.
Oh well.

Yesterday was awesome!
Class was.. Class. Nothing special there.

After class, I had a mini-interview at Chipotle, and they should be calling today and telling me if I should come in for a second interview. I'm hoping I get the job.
I need a social life.

I headed over to Taylor's house around 5 or 5:15, after the interview.
We sat around the house for a little bit, then headed out to.. Do random stuff.

Ah yes! I remember. We went off to Taste of Philly, and she bought a philly cheesesteak and we split it. Delicious food.

We walked around Old Town for a bit after that.
First we went to Rocket Fizz, a cute little candy store!
It was pretty awesome. We got a bunch of stuff.
She got 4 bottles of soda, and I bought 10 pieces of taffy, a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, because we were feeling very Harry Potter-ish, and a bag of green apple hard candies.
And each of us spent about $5. Good deal!

We sat around in the Old Town square, which was pretty much completely empty, because it was a school night. So we had the square to ourselves, except for some various older couples walking around.

We ended up eating the whole box of the Every Flavour Beans.
Including the disgusting ones.. Like earwax, vomit, dirt... Etc.

We split them in half and took them at the same time.
We basically just spit them out and had to chug the drinks after every one.
So that was fun!

It got dark pretty quickly.
We have our list of things to do, and we crossed one off the list.
We went to Bingham Cemetary when it was pretty much pitch dark.
It also took maybe 15 minutes to try and find it first.. But we found it!
I'd been there before in the day time with Jessi, so I was already familiar with the way it looked.
But at night? Damn.
I kept saying that we should go back, because it was really creepy, but at least I had a flashlight.
So we took our time walking slowly, hand in hand, being very creeped out.
Suddenly, she started yelling and pulling me back down the path.
So we ran freaking out back to my car.

We got in the car and figured out exactly what happened.
She heard a stick crack, and saw some sort of shadow somewhere, then felt like we were being watched.
I kind of got a glimpse of some sort of shadow, and I definitely felt like we were being watched from all around us.


That was.. Fun. And we finally got to cross it off the list, with great flourishing fancy-ness.
At least we don't have to do that again.. Freaky shit there.


So to calm down, we went to the library. She needed to pick up a book she reserved, and I got her to get a book from the Redwall series. And apparently, Brian Jacques had a couple more books that I hadn't read! Hooray! Children's books! Great series though.

We went back to her house, and opened all 3 of the other bottles that we had bought in Old Town.
And I suggested we do shots!
It was really, really cool. She's not someone who parties or anything, so.. Our non-alcoholic shots were pretty awesome. It was really really fun!

Until we actually drank them.
Each drink was worst than the last.
Nasty. So we ate some of the hard candies and complained about how disgusting those drinks were.

We watched Edward Scissorhands!
But during the movie.. Well, things got emotional. We had a venting session and talked about some stuff that had been bothering us. Lots of crying involved. On both ends. Granted, I didn't make it obvious, but I was pretty much holding them all back the entire time we were talking.
So we sat just watching the movie, and I asked if there was anything that we could do that would help, and she said she wanted a cooked dinner.

Now, it wasn't very fancy. When we went to Wal-Mart, we picked up one of those bag dinners that you just put on a skillet and stir until it gets good.
But I'm still counting it as cooking a dinner for a girl!
Easy, BUT IT COUNTS.

So I started that, and she came out to the kitchen, and we basically just sat laughing at random stuff. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Our abs were killing us so much that laughing just started hurting more than it was funny. But gladly, we both have hilarious laughs that just make us laugh even more.

I ended up cleaning the skillet and bowl, and dried them off to put back in the cupboard.
She kept telling me that I didn't need to, but I did anyway. I made dinner, so I cleaned up.

We sat back down and started watching Superhero Movie, from the same people that made the Scary Movies. Annnnnnnnnnnd passed out.

I spent the night over there. I'm glad I set my alarm, I managed to wake up in time to go home and get ready for class, about the same time that she was getting ready for work.

And that's why I didn't get the chance to blog.
That's my excuse, and I think it works! Seems legit.

Overall, yesterday was pretty amazing. I had more fun than I have in a very long time.
Getting scared at a cemetery in the night, eating disgusting jelly beans, doing fake shots from disgusting soda drinks, pretending like I'm a master chef.. Fantastic day.

Now today... I'm not doing so well today.
At all.
I'm really.. Just not happy. I've been over-thinking everything.
Emotions are all over the place.
My head hurts. So many feelings. It's getting stressful.
I feel like crying my eyes out, and I just need a hug.

So I'm hoping I can feel better today.
I need to focus. If I can make myself happier.. I can make others happier.
If I can keep a smile on my face, I can put a smile on her face.
I don't want to spend another day crying.
I like to analyze what I'm feeling and how I could change it.
I'm just nervous to change what I'm feeling right now.
It's.. Very complicated.

But!
To end on a positive note..
This weekend has been one of the most fun I've ever had.
We crossed something off our list, and did a bunch of other fun stuff.
I look forward to crossing some more stuff off..
We have a great page of adventures we need to finish, so hopefully we can get that done by the time we're 40!
Because there's some pretty expensive stuff on there. Like.. Going to Australia. And Italy. And France.
So that might happen someday.
There's still stuff we can accomplish in this year though!
Should keep us busy for a while.

Well... That's probably it for now.
I'm hoping I can smile a bit more today.
It's going to be so difficult, but maybe I can get it done.

Have a good day everyone!

-Nolan

No comments: