Sunday, February 10, 2013

2/9- Expecto Patronum!

Today was quite a good day.
Taylor sent me about... 16 text messages around 7:30 or so.
So I woke up pretty fast.
Annnnnd went back to sleep.
But we had a mini-conversation!

And I was half asleep! So it sounds pretty interesting.

But anyway.
I slept a lot. Until like 1? Or so.
After that, I.. Ya know. Hung out. Did nothing.

Taylor and I went to Starbucks a bit later.
And also, impulse tattoo!

She got this tattoo right here.



Interestingly enough, I actually... Really like it.
I mean, it's got a story.
From Harry Potter.
For those of you who don't know, here's the mini-abridged version.

There are things called Dementors that steal your soul and make you very depressed.
By focusing on a single happy thought, and doing all you can to make that the main thought in your mind, you cast the patronus, which kicks out the Dementors and brings a feeling of well-being, and makes you.. Not depressed.

For the first time in my life, I have a place to go if I have a panic attack.
Either I can call her, or if it gets really, really bad, I can go see her, assuming she's not at work.
But.. I've had a couple panic attacks, and she was there.
She held me each time, told me to breathe, and talked to me to calm me down.

But for that to really work, to get a way out of a panic attack,  you need to focus on a single thought.
So.. We might get matching expecto patronum tattoos.
Because it's something that actually means something to me now. It's going to be in the same spot, so on the inside of my bicep, so it's not super-obvious, and so it's still above business shirt line.
Like I've said, all my tattoos are going to mean something.
And this one.. Well, I love the idea of it. Because I'm learning to take a single thing to focus on, to really do to make myself calm down.
Also, it was $50, so it's not too bad at all.
If I ever get money, I'll probably do that.

After, we came over to my house and just sat around, her playing Sims, and me playing Marvel Vs Capcom 3.
Then I had a panic attack.
And then we got me through it!
Then played Sims more!

So overall.. I had a pretty good day!
And it's a Saturday!

Good night!

-Nolan

No comments: