Thursday, February 7, 2013

2/6- Horrible start to the day, decent middle, great end.

Well, the beginning of the day was horrid.
I mean, I woke up on time and stuff.
Got to history class...

I missed my homework.
I thought I had it a different day. Turns out it was due today.
I was very, very frustrated.

But!
I got a 95% on the quiz, so.. That's a good feeling.

The rest of the school day was nothing special.
I have my first test in my Logic class on Friday..
Nervous as hell. I need to re-read pretty much everything and make sure I understand it.
I don't necessarily like the professor's teaching style, but I have to deal with it.
So I plan on getting a lot of studying done tomorrow.

I picked up Taylor at her house after her work shift, around 6:30 or so.
We went to Starbucks to pick up a Green Tea Latte for her, then headed to my house.
I had set up Sims 3 on my laptop because she really really wanted to play it.
So she played Sims while I studied. Then I started playing on my 3DS, and also put Family Guy on the TV so we had something to fill in silences.

It.. Was awesome.
We just sat there.
Eventually she actually sat back and put the laptop on her lap, so I put a book on my lap along with a mouse pad so she could actually use the mouse.
I've never really had the chance to play video games with a girl that I was... Interested in. A girl that I really, really like. Granted, she's not the hardcore gamer that I am.
But damn, she definitely has a "gamer mode."
She reached that point where she put her hair up, put on glasses, and got maybe a foot or so away from the screen, and didn't talk much. But concentrated on the game, and even gave me a couple glares when I tried to interrupt her by saying something.
I absolutely love it! I'm not the only one that can play video games with a level of intensity!

So we basically hooked our arms together and played video games while making stupid comments and jokes for.. A long time. About midnight, we went upstairs to make some Yaki Soba!
My mom taught me how to make it, and Taylor sat by laughing at me, because I was making food that was more complicated than just microwaving it.
So as payback, I forced her to try and learn to use chop sticks. Which..
She did decently! She got a few mouthfuls of noodles using chop sticks, then kind of dropped them.
I allowed her to use a fork, just because I'm a nice person.

She fell asleep when we were watching Family guy around 2 or so, and I got pretty close to passing out.
She woke up and said that her neck hurt, so I moved off the couch into my little corner of the room.

At about 3:10 or so, I woke her up and said that we should probably take her home to get some sleep.

"Psst.. Taylor."
"Mmm what."
"I should take you home soon so you can sleep in your own bed."
"Ugh I'm comfy."
"When do you have work tomorrow?"
"I'm off tomorrow."
"Oh! You want to sleep on the couch tonight? I'll head up to my room if you want."
"Yes. Sounds good."

At that point, I picked up my laptop and started to leave the room.

".... Nolan."
"Yes?"
"I wanna go home."
"Alright."
"It's going to be cold outside...."
"Yes, yes it is."

Annnnnnnd I took her home.
The car was frosted over, but I tossed a heavy coat at her, so she didn't freeze on the way home.
And I managed to get to her apartment and back before I got frostbite!

I absolutely love the fact that it takes me maybe 4 minutes to take her home.
It means that she can stay over until 2 or 3 in the morning.

I'm not very warm or toasty. Hmm.
I just needed to finish my blog.

I'm going to go curl up in my bed right now. I'm a little chillly.
Hopefully tomorrow is alright.

It's getting  closer to Saturday, which means it's getting closer to our trip to Estes to take pictures!

Alright, I'm off to bed.
G'night, have a good day!

-Nolan

No comments: